Dynamic Home Point - Phantom 4 Pro - Please help!

Reaction score
Can someone please help me? I am primarily flying from a boat filming water sports. I am looking to have my home point updating frequently as our starting point is very different than our finishing point (can be up to 4-5 miles away). I have had the drone calculate battery life and start the return to the home feature which is no good as the take off point is over water. I can’t be fighting with software while trying to track a moving subject while filming from a moving subject!!!
I have seen videos with a dynamic home point in the DJI software. I can’t find it!!!! Does anyone know if the Phantom 4 Pro has a dynamic home point feature and if so , how do you enable it?
Thanks in advance!

I have seen videos with a dynamic home point in the DJI software. I can’t find it!!!! Does anyone know if the Phantom 4 Pro has a dynamic home point feature and if so , how do you enable it?
The DJI Go app doesn't have a dynamic (one that changes to follow you) home point feature.
But it will allow you to reset the home point.
You can reset home to be the current location of the drone or to the current location of the controller (if your phone/tablet has GPS enabled).
Either should be fine because you don't want the Phantom landing by itself anywhere out there.
If you reset home to where the Phantom is a few times during the flight, you won't have it calculating that it only has enough battery to get back to where it started and trying to RTH.
Here's where to find it - first page of the app settings:
i-d5NL6cM-L.png

Can someone please help me? I am primarily flying from a boat filming water sports. I am looking to have my home point updating frequently as our starting point is very different than our finishing point (can be up to 4-5 miles away). I have had the drone calculate battery life and start the return to the home feature which is no good as the take off point is over water. I can’t be fighting with software while trying to track a moving subject while filming from a moving subject!!!
Thanks in advance!

You'll find dynamic home point in Litchi

The DJI Go app doesn't have a dynamic (one that changes to follow you) home point feature.
But it will allow you to reset the home point.
You can reset home to be the current location of the drone or to the current location of the controller (if your phone/tablet has GPS enabled).
Either should be fine because you don't want the Phantom landing by itself anywhere out there.
If you reset home to where the Phantom is a few times during the flight, you won't have it calculating that it only has enough battery to get back to where it started and trying to RTH.
Here's where to find it - first page of the app settings:
i-d5NL6cM-L.png
Thanks for the quick reply Meta4!

Unfortunately I have tried this option to keep the return to home point closer to the boat. It is extremely difficult to try and manually set the “return to home point” while tracking a moving subject from a boat moving 24mph. With this option, I have to stop focusing on the subject , set the home point , then re-acquire the subject and catch up and bring the subject back into frame.
I was hoping there is software or a device that would automatically update the home point so I can focus on flying and filming.

Thanks again for the quick reply!

You'll find dynamic home point in Litchi
Thanks Phil2,
I thought about using Litchi, but I am flying with the Epson Moverio BT-300’s that are not compatible with Litchi. I think Litchi can be sideloaded onto the Moverio’s but I am not that tech savvy and don’t have any experiance with Litchi. It is already nerve racking enough flying over water with an app I am well versed in. Not sure I want to add another stress factor???

Thanks Phil2,
I thought about using Litchi, but I am flying with the Epson Moverio BT-300’s that are not compatible with Litchi. I think Litchi can be sideloaded onto the Moverio’s but I am not that tech savvy and don’t have any experiance with Litchi. It is already nerve racking enough flying over water with an app I am well versed in. Not sure I want to add another stress factor???

No worries
When I saw the post in the P4 section I assumed that was what you were flying

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20