Dx9 + Phantom 2

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I recently bought a phantom 2 which I love but I really, really hate the toy like controller.
I have been trying like crazy to make the phantom 2 work with my dx9.
For what I have been reading, DJI removed support from spektrum rx so my only option would be to use the so called "orange RX" from hobby king and wire it to the naza V2 via S-bus.
I am extremelly lost. I dont even know where to begin, I keep searching forums and so on but I cant get anything clear. Is anyone here who knows how to do it and would be willing to lend me a hand?
Please?

Thank you!

You are correct, you need one of the OrangeRx receivers to connect to the P2's Naza via S-Bus. Bind the OrangeRx to your DX9 in the usual way and then configure the transmitter on the correct channels. It should be fairly self explanatory once you've got the receiver connected.

Hi guys.
I hope someone can help me out.
I posted a while back about using the phantom 2 with the spektrum.
I found a suitable receiver that supports s-bus and preset failsafe.
I had to reasign the channels (which I did on my dx9) and followed the dx9 setup videos to the dot.
Everything seems to be working fine on the assistant (swiches to fail safe when prompted and when the radio is switched of)
The problem I am having, is that the motors wont start.
When in naza mode I get one slow yellow blink if the throttle is centered (which as per instructions means Atti mode ready to go) and two yellow if the throttle is not centered.
When I try to arm I get 5 fast red leds and back to one single yellow blink.
I am pretty sure that it has something to do with the programming but I cant think of anything.
Any suggestions?

Hi guys.
I hope someone can help me out.
I posted a while back about using the phantom 2 with the spektrum.
I found a suitable receiver that supports s-bus and preset failsafe.
I had to reasign the channels (which I did on my dx9) and followed the dx9 setup videos to the dot.
Everything seems to be working fine on the assistant (swiches to fail safe when prompted and when the radio is switched of)
The problem I am having, is that the motors wont start.
When in naza mode I get one slow yellow blink if the throttle is centered (which as per instructions means Atti mode ready to go) and two yellow if the throttle is not centered.
When I try to arm I get 5 fast red leds and back to one single yellow blink.
I am pretty sure that it has something to do with the programming but I cant think of anything.
Any suggestions?

Hi, I am trying to set up my P2 with dx9. did anyone ever reply and help you with this or have you since figured it out. If so I could use some programming help. Thanks.

Hi, I am trying to set up my P2 with dx9. did anyone ever reply and help you with this or have you since figured it out. If so I could use some programming help. Thanks.

You do have to replace the DJI 2.4GHz receiver with a compatible 2.4GHz receiver for the DX9 then it has to be connected the Naza-M module.

You do have to replace the DJI 2.4GHz receiver with a compatible 2.4GHz receiver for the DX9 then it has to be connected the Naza-M module.
Yes, I have done what rilot above had mentioned. Removed the stock dji rx and installed a orange spektrum S-bus receiver. Got it bound and set my tx as instructed in the attached you tube video. I used the dji assistant and calibrated everything but when I spool it up it seems as though the throttle and rudder are on the aileron and elevator. The video says to change throttle-aileron, aileron to elevator and elevator to aileron in the dx9. Only problem is that is really where they are instead of opposite like you would expect. I tried throttle-throttle ect. but then it won't even start when you pull the sticks down. What the heck am I doing wrong? I replied to the video but haven't heard back. This video was posted a few years ago.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl