DVR positioning

Ohary said:
Here's how my $35 DVR setup is mounted:
I have the same DVR as you and I mounted mine at the bottom of my transmitter. Centered it doubles as a stand when I put my controller on the ground it never rests on the gimbal tilt lever.
r5lLPg3.jpg

I'm fairly sure my cabling is not correct because my video quality is really bad even though on my monitor it's great. Something is happening with the video out to the DVR. The plug out from the black pearl has 3 stripes but the plug to video in on the DVR has only 2. The video always has breakups and isn't good at all. It's not worth sharing the video with anyone alongside my GoPro video like if I did a picture in picture.

I record exactly what is showing on the screen. I'd say there's something wrong with the wiring.

Ohary said:
I record exactly what is showing on the screen. I'd say there's something wrong with the wiring.
Alright, good to know. I'm going to ditch that adapter plug and replace that video cable

Definitely check the cables. Here is my setup. I morphed my own video cable and bought a 6 inch dc to dc cable to run power from the black pearl.

Ohary-did you figure out how to get all of the mini-iosd info to show up on dvr? Mine always cuts off the satellites but shows fine on the live screen.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425267544.304337.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425267544.304337.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 404
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425267552.766374.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425267552.766374.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 398
yeah it was the cables. I used the cables that both came with the black pearl and the DVR. I spliced and soldered them according to where they should go and it's working fine. I just cut off some of the extra unwanted plugs.

When you play the video files saved from the DVR does it display the Sat info? All of my saved video files always showed all the iOSD info.

knuckles said:
yeah it was the cables. I used the cables that both came with the black pearl and the DVR. I spliced and soldered them according to where they should go and it's working fine. I just cut off some of the extra unwanted plugs.

When you play the video files saved from the DVR does it display the Sat info? All of my saved video files always showed all the iOSD info.

Good question. Never thought to check :)

And I did the exact same with the plugs.

Yeah mine won't show the number of sats, but if there's data I don't much care about, it's the number of sats. Usually if I can get 6 birds at takeoff, it will only improve when I'm in flight.

if any of the iosd data isn't display all on the screen you can fix this in the iosd software on your pc by plugging it into your computer. I've seen this before when I first got my mini iosd and did the software update to it. There's a manual you can download for this on DJI site I think.

In the iOSD software there is a left and right side check box so you can align the data on the monitor screen.

jason said:
In the iOSD software there is a left and right side check box so you can align the data on the monitor screen.

I've done this previously to fix the osd information going to the black pearl. That's all fine.

But the Dvr video cuts off the right side still. Just checked the videos.

Ohary said:
i've got the same DVR, but all i get is plain black video with no picture. It looks like you've modified the lead, is there a wiring issue

p fandango said:
Ohary said:
i've got the same DVR, but all i get is plain black video with no picture. It looks like you've modified the lead, is there a wiring issue

I tried a 3.5 to 3.5 cable and it didn't work. When I soldered the end of the black pearl cable with the end of the dvr cable, I finally got picture. I cut everything else off.

Reoscorpio said:
I tried a 3.5 to 3.5 cable and it didn't work. When I soldered the end of the black pearl cable with the end of the dvr cable, I finally got picture. I cut everything else off.
my dvr didn't come with any wires, i have tried the using both cables that came with the Black Pearl but still no joy. I'm wondering if its an issue between the Black Pearl/Uno being stereo (ie 4 pole 3.5mm) & the DVR being mono (ie 3pole 3.5mm)

p fandango said:
Reoscorpio said:
my dvr didn't come with any wires, i have tried the using both cables that came with the Black Pearl but still no joy. I'm wondering if its an issue between the Black Pearl/Uno being stereo (ie 4 pole 3.5mm) & the DVR being mono (ie 3pole 3.5mm)

I combined this cable from the dvr and this cable from the black pearl. Cut everything but the video on each. Stopped off the black sheath, bend away the shielding, and removed the wrap on the inner yellow cables. I twisted and soldered the two inner cables together, covered that connection in electrical tape, then twisted the two shielding wires together, making sure they didn't contact the inner wires through the electrical tape. Then heat shrinked the whole thing.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425337381.446104.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425337381.446104.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 356
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425337391.477871.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425337391.477871.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 327
thanks for all the help, all sorted now. I was trying to use a 3.5mm 4 pole plug/lead in the dvr when its only 3 pole :)

I'm not technical at all, but looking at getting a DVR for my set up as well.
The Mini C-DVR is looking like the one I'll go for eventually, nice and cheap. But does anyone know if I can buy the video cable instead of having to make my own?

I've found a DC-DC one so I can power the DVR from the Black Pearl, just the video one I'm after now, not really sure what I'm after though.

10" DC-DC for anyone interested - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R10BFZG/r ... 2JV6FUAQHZ - Shortest I can find on Amazon UK.

simonwicks said:
I'm not technical at all, but looking at getting a DVR for my set up as well.
The Mini C-DVR is looking like the one I'll go for eventually, nice and cheap. But does anyone know if I can buy the video cable instead of having to make my own?

I've found a DC-DC one so I can power the DVR from the Black Pearl, just the video one I'm after now, not really sure what I'm after though.

10" DC-DC for anyone interested - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00R10BFZG/r ... 2JV6FUAQHZ - Shortest I can find on Amazon UK.
the problem is although both the Black Pearl & the C-DVR both use 3.5mm plugs, the Black Pearl is stereo so uses a 4pole version while the C-DVR is only mono so uses a 3pole version. I haven't been able to find the cable to buy anywhere.

I cut off all the un-used rca leads off the adaptors (all audio) & cable tied them together onto the accessory bar on the controller

IMG_2442_zpspnasdotl.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20