Dumping Phantom

Reaction score
I'm dumping all the stored videos I've found on the SD card. Taking a while and I'm noticing the gimbal getting hot. How long is too long to continue on in this state?

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
I second the motion above for putting a fan on it. The WIFI board is what you don't want to burn out. Putting the card into a reader is the best way, faster and will save your drone's heat sensitive transmitter from needing a replacement.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
I'll second that :)

I also use a card reader, I use this one and love it:

Reactions: JazzAir
Using a card reader also reduces battery usage and therefore prolongs battery life.
There are many memory stick sized readers that have multiple plugs to transfer to PC (USB), iPad (lightning) etc.

Using a card reader also reduces battery usage and therefore prolongs battery life.
There are many memory stick sized readers that have multiple plugs to transfer to PC (USB), iPad (lightning) etc.

Thanks for responding KD. I figured out the obvious. Pull the darn card. Went blank on that one. Desktop has PLENTY of slots. Never had reason to use 'em.

Hope this thread helps someone else who went numb ... or lives in CA.

Thanks for responding KD. I figured out the obvious. Pull the darn card. Went blank on that one. Desktop has PLENTY of slots. Never had reason to use 'em.

Hope this thread helps someone who went numb ... or lives in CA.

Haha you’re welcome. It’s what this great forum is for. I too went blank with my head stuck in the myriad of phantom settings and overlooked the obvious until a helpful member guided me down the path of the seemingly obvious.

I'm dumping all the stored videos I've found on the SD card. Taking a while and I'm noticing the gimbal getting hot. How long is too long to continue on in this state?
Dumping? as in thowing away? Format card will do that in a second.

Just a suggestion ... some people like to use the Simulator ... then of course there's updating FW etc.

Get down to local shop and buy a cheap Laptop Cooling pad ... they run of 5V / USB power ... (I use the Telesin Discharger of a DJI battery) ...

or get an old computer chip fan ... 5v again ...

or as some do ... just point a home fan at it ...

Nigel

Nigel. Was standing at the bar in the den last night with something like you posted above in mind. Thank you. Learning Litchi and finding that there are other reasons besides 'dumping' our SD cards where we have to keep our birds 'hot', (tongue deep in cheek). :D

I'm building a large garage (3 car size) with model workshop / mans clubroom above .... 12m x 7m ... so I shall be standing at own bar soon !!

Nigel

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl