Dumb dumb dumbI

Reaction score
After a year of flying my P2, I had my first real crash. Flying at a lake near Atlanta, I was having a problem getting full GPS lock due to trees. So what do I do? I decide to launch off a floating double decker dock. A dock made almost completely out of steel and aluminum. I know better. But the neurons just were not firing right. I spun her up and launched. I immediatly knew I had a problem. The P2 rose about 10 feet and then proceeded to fly away. Luckily for me, it flew to the back of the cove instead of the main lake and hooked towards the shore. It hit trees and landed about 10 feet off the lake. All props were shot and the 2D gamble seems dead. I was close to Atlanta Hobby and took the bird there for repairs. Not sure of the final bill yet. Expensive lesson learned.

Was ya drinking bro o_O

Smurf dinking beer.jpg
:D

Was ya drinking bro o_O

Dirk, be nice, give the rest of us a turn atem.

So, RickD, do you have any idea why the neurons weren't firing in the proper sequence?

****, it's great being an ole fart, sort of.

Reactions: dirkclod
Green Smurf.jpg
I wanna see some neuron videos.:D:D

Last edited:
Maybe a stupid or all to obvious question, given the misfiring neurons and stuff, but didn't you switch to Atti to get control? Why?
However, I remember I was perplexed for a few moments when something like that happened for the first time. Lucky I still had the time to switch at all. But I have seen this behaviour starting a few times. Maybe wifi interference, I don't know. I switched to Atti and brought it back, every time.
Heart beating in throat alright.

No drinking until later that night. No I did not switch to Atti. This happened in the blink of an eye. Guess with the lack of operable neurons, I just froze and watch helplessly as she flew into the yonder. I'm just lucky it did not gain altitude and hooked in to land. I still have my bird. I left the card in the camera at Atlanta Hobby. I'll post the video next week when I get it back.

No drinking until later that night. No I did not switch to Atti. This happened in the blink of an eye. Guess with the lack of operable neurons, I just froze and watch helplessly as she flew into the yonder. I'm just lucky it did not gain altitude and hooked in to land. I still have my bird. I left the card in the camera at Atlanta Hobby. I'll post the video next week when I get it back.
LOL , Ya there's always that split second of Oh.Shxt !!! Hopefully ya won't have to say it again at
Atlanta Hobby ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.