Dual Battery Mod

Looks good man. Just a quick thought, you did use auto grade or outside grade zip ties, right?
Cause other ties degrade quickly in the sun, heat and cold!
Good job,, have fun

About 10 seconds later, volts dropped, power went out and it fell into a tree and someones backyard. I got to meet a new neighbor or two. Now the aircraft powers on, but red LED on the gimbal stays, and i cannot get RC to connect. The crash landed on the camera and jammed the gimbal into the circuit board. I'm going to get it diagnosed and fixed, we are not out of this game!
DIG - Do you have pics of the damage?

Hey guys, I have a customer with a new modified P3 smart battery, it has an xt60 and balance lead installed. After three charges the DJI battery shows BATTERY ERROR and says "cell damaged"
This is the first time I've heard of this happening, Has anyone else experienced this, heard of any fixes, ect...?

Hey guys, I have a customer with a new modified P3 smart battery, it has an xt60 and balance lead installed. After three charges the DJI battery shows BATTERY ERROR and says "cell damaged"
This is the first time I've heard of this happening, Has anyone else experienced this, heard of any fixes, ect...?
Tom, I got that message in DJI Go when I sent you my DJI battery. I did have a cell that was unbalanced though and possibly damaged.

Tom, I got that message in DJI Go when I sent you my DJI battery. I did have a cell that was unbalanced though and possibly damaged.
yes I couldnt remember the details on yours, but I thought I saw a post somewhere of someone with the same problem that took the top cap off the battery, unplugged the stock balance lead, and some how charged the battery back up.

yes I couldnt remember the details on yours, but I thought I saw a post somewhere of someone with the same problem that took the top cap off the battery, unplugged the stock balance lead, and some how charged the battery back up.
Oh wow, that would give unbalanced cells and possibly damage one right?

You could manually balance it that way . You would need to solder balance leads Inside and charge via a regular charger .. But if a cell is wrecked .. Chances are she's a goner

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I tried to save my unbalanced inspire 1 battery that way .. 2-4 charges later .. Cell one is going bad again

I've had similar issues with mine but the lowest cell wasn't below 3v, but extremely unbalanced across the board and I was able to charge and discharge back to balance. But once a cell is far below 3v then I'm not sure if there's any hope for it. You may possibly be able to convert it to a external lipo for a battery mod flight

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
It was new .. Freshly Modded .. Maybe heat damage from soldering positive lead on Is what I thought ... Otherwise just a fluke ( most likely a fluke)

Similar issue with my Horizon battery. Ran it down to 1% and got this...
I fixed up a lead to charge the cells via balance connector and got the cells up to 3.6v but still wont charge. I've disconnected the balance lead from the board and done the reset procedure but it still wont charge via the DJI charger. At this point I'm considering it dead.

Similar issue with my Horizon battery. Ran it down to 1% and got this...
I fixed up a lead to charge the cells via balance connector and got the cells up to 3.6v but still wont charge. I've disconnected the balance lead from the board and done the reset procedure but it still wont charge via the DJI charger. At this point I'm considering it dead.
Does it work in the UAV ok or do you get errors?

Honestly, never even attempted that since I see this weird blinking pattern.
Could maybe get around that by swapping out the board, I'll Have my customer send me the problem battery to try a few things, see if its salvageable anyway. Thanks for the input guys.

I'm not getting excited yet! You can plug a lipo into the mainboard and have it "spring to life" if you havent got past the "not dji battery" in the app and havent spun motors then you havent gotten anywhere. I'm following and admire your passion and pioneership
Is single 5,200 best for our P3 in the world??? No need think about more better battery concept ? what is your thinking?

Could maybe get around that by swapping out the board, I'll Have my customer send me the problem battery to try a few things, see if its salvageable anyway. Thanks for the input guys.
Yes, I have a board that I can swap. Just haven't had the time to do it.

Is single 5,200 best for our P3 in the world??? No need think about more better battery concept ? what is your thinking?
The MultiStar was used in one way or the other for the top four flights of the leaderboard at least. What else do you need to know,go buy one Lee![emoji41]

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee SK
The MultiStar was used in one way or the other for the top four flights of the leaderboard at least. What else do you need to know,go buy one Lee![emoji41]
스크린샷 2016-06-26 오전 1.07.03.png

Hi, DB
Commonsensically, is single 5200 same with split 2 x 2600( one xt60 & one balance from 5200)?
Do you know that Why single 5200 is more effective than split 2 x 2600 from 5200? Cause of resistance of lead line ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT