Dual Battery Mod

Ordered hyperion g6 1800mah li-hv packs, any suggestions what would be a good charger for these? Charging more than 1 battery at once would be nice. Maybe two cheap li-hv chargers or one expensive.. ?

If mod gives me permission, i can explain. It was direct copy-paste. Case closed.
Hobbyking.com has a turnigy accucell 6 charger for lihv batteries. It charges at 10A and it's only $30 but you will need a power supply for it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think the one with blinking blue is for the video receiving side, the one that stays blue is for control. Inspire has 5.8ghz videolink so i dont know anything about that. I was able to go ~5km distances with almost every channel (with video-side amp), but when you want to get serious range.. use auto or pick your channel manually and use lowest quality on video transmission. Using channel 30 with amp, is same than using channel 30 without amp, it does not help you at all.

Edited.. Original post was bs.

I believe the 5.8 in the Inspire is used solely for dual RC --> RC use.

RC to the Inspire and Video from the Inspire is the same as the P3, 2.4.

Ignore me, found this but nothing on 300c.

1. GL300B doesn't have the video processor TMS320DM368 Video SoC and its additional circuit.
2. GL300B deletes CY7C68013 High-Speed USB Peripheral Controller and replaces it with a CYUSB2014 SuperSpeed USB Controller
3. GL300B adds CW2015CWAD for power estimating.

Imo, looks like 300b(c?) intended to offload the video processing to the tablet via a more capable usb.

I have GL300B modded and original GL300A for short range, I will measure the outputs between those 2 when i get the powermeter. If the A is better, i'm gonna have hard time not to mod it, ffs :eek:

Hobbyking.com has a turnigy accucell 6 charger for lihv batteries. It charges at 10A and it's only $30 but you will need a power supply for it

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good tip but, ordered skyrc d100 dual charger few days ago.. and some of guys here seem to be puffing hyperions with it grr...

I'm sending my bird back to fpvlr today. Hopefully Tony can get the amp put on the right antenna without any problems. I'll keep you guys posted on the progress. I know fpvlr has great customer service and my phantom will come back stronger than ever.

I have GL300B modded and original GL300A for short range, I will measure the outputs between those 2 when i get the powermeter. If the A is better, i'm gonna have hard time not to mod it, ffs :eek:
You could always switch your GL300B back to stock. It is nice to have a stock one, just for quick things, quick flights, firmware upgrades, etc.

I'd like to see all three compared side by side same channel etc

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Look on the back of the remote. It's on the label.
Tested the GL300A with the new P3A V2 did 10.000 meters one way!!!! Boosted with itelite working fine.soon I will push it for a personal best when spring time hits.I still have not done the channel hack yet!!! Or might just have to upgrade to the 3watt boosters soon!!!And maybe the immersion patch antennas left and right 13 DBI gain....

Last edited:
I don't know why I didn't catch this sooner but... What's the point of the booster hooked up to the video rx on the remote in setups like fpvlr? Mine is coming tomorrow and I was just thinking, if the one antenna is for receiving video only, hooking up a booster isn't going to do anything. Now I understand why bird side amps are out there. Am I missing something?

From what I read or understand is you only need one booster on antenna with bird side.i think it is explained on the Fpvlr page.

Right, I see that in the description for the air side booster kit. But why do they sell the v2 advanced kit with 2 boosters if 1 of the antennas are only for rx video? Unless I'm wrong with that assumption?

Right, I see that in the description for the air side booster kit. But why do they sell the v2 advanced kit with 2 boosters if 1 of the antennas are only for rx video? Unless I'm wrong with that assumption?
Yes I think tony should do an updated long range set.but I am interested to know how well your modded p3 does.post your test results thax

Will do. Maybe someone can answer the question here. If not, I'll ask Tony. I ordered just the fpvlr kit, not the air side kit. I'll be doing the mod myself this weekend if I have time. But looks like high 22f sat and 16f sun. May need to take a weekend trip to FL if I want to test this crap out anytime soon!

Sounds like you're in the North East....

I haven't flown in nearly a month and I'm getting antsy. I might try it today... high 32, surface winds 6 mph.

If I understand your question, you're asking if you have a dedicated receiving antenna, why put a booster/amp on it?

Putting a booster on a receiving antenna will amplify the signal that it senses. An analogy would be placing a hearing aid in your ear.

Hope this helps.

I ordered the bird side mod. I have it in my hand. I have no idea how I am going to solder the power wires to the amp? It is vary small.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94