Dronexpert gimbal for Phantom Vision

dastagg said:
AllanVB said:
Dronexpert is telling me that I have to wait another 2-5 weeks for delivery. WOW.. Guess it will give the other makers a chance to get my business. :x
When did you order yours or thinkng about makng an order?

Ordered one today.
Email confirmation say shipping in 3 to 4 weeks! :(

juarboleda said:
dave21 said:
tmsound said:
7th chanel installation video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuAhUXKvVBc

Looks like they have made there own reciver for the 7th chanel??

Hey all Vision addicted. Make your wet 7th channel dream come true now. 2 minutes to go. Than you use google and find your own lever.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26990728&postcount=255
Note: you wont have it in your app anymore, but you can always switch back.

Hi Dave this software is working ? are you shure ?

i have tried it and it works...u have to calibrate x1 (its the name of the channel) since the lever only turns the channel 7 pot on inside the remote ca 1/5. u dint have to be in NAZA mode to use it either. Oh, i got the ch. 7 lever on a vim...now im glad i did-

juarboleda said:
dave21 said:
tmsound said:
Hey all Vision addicted. Make your wet 7th channel dream come true now. 2 minutes to go. Than you use google and find your own lever.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=26990728&postcount=255
Note: you wont have it in your app anymore, but you can always switch back.

Hi Dave this software is working ? are you shure ?

i have tried it and it works...u have to calibrate x1 (its the name of the channel) since the lever only turns the channel 7 pot on inside the remote ca 1/5. u dint have to be in NAZA mode to use it either. Oh, i got the ch. 7 lever on a vim...now im glad i did-
Is it safe to program /run a phantom vision 2 in h3 D2 mode? Are they fully compatible

Shrimpfarmer said:
whitelens said:
Ok, here you go. . not exactly the type of test I wanted to do, but you will get the idea.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/HWRbBJ6HmsI[/youtube]

Problem with link try this

http://youtu.be/HWRbBJ6HmsI

Looks quite nice but don't like the jello effect quite noticeable at 1:50 - the houses wobble. Don't know if this is due to youtube encoding, prior editing, camera and gimbal .....
Was this filmed in 720p or 1080P?
Could you share the unedited/untouched file online (Vimeo has the option not sure youtube still has it)?
Thanks!

flew again last night . . . 7th channel all working. I'm uploading the video now, but it has crashed several times on the youtube upload.
I've done several "high speed" fly bys and really tried to push the camera and the gimbal to their limits. And, yes there are a few hickups from time to time, but this thing is pretty rock solid. One item that does happen is that the ribbon on the back of the camera to the gimbal controller seems to "catch" causing the camera to jitter. I'm not sure why this is happening, and it is usually only when going from a full down to a up or visa versa. Also the gimbal needs to be pretty level as start up. I ran a few other test flights and just let the gimbal power up from its resting location and the horizon was tilted 10 degrees (you can see that little bit of tilt in the first video posted).

On a different and new note, I kept thinking the app had lost connection (Ok, it actually did a few times) whenever the camera was stopped . . .only because the video seemed to freeze. Yeah, it was frozen, it was just a rock solid picture. Look at the next video I post . . . some points look frozen!!! THIS KIDS IS WHAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR!!
I'm excited, because I know there are a few kinks in the gimbal right now, but I know that folks smarter than me, and more time to tweak it, will get these worked out, and share them.

First of all many thanks for taking the trouble to film and post that. I think you did an excellent job with that video, also great use of annotations in Youtube.

Now as to what I think, I think its brilliant. You have clearly demonstrated that props in view need not be an issue at all. The stabilisation is rock solid and transforms the Vision as an aerial video platform. People will be very very happy with their gimbals. I agree with you that as the knowledge grows any jitters will be eliminated. If I do end up keeping my Vision, I might even give it that upgrade as well. I could always find a buddy prepared to help out with a 2 ship shoot. :D

Well done.

That is great. Can hardly wait for mine to ship, hopefully this week? They just need to work longer hours and more shifts......lol. I think this will do most all I would do with it. Looks pretty stable to me other than the straight down but can see why that would be a problem at full tilt with no movement since it is full tilt already. Thanks for getting me more excited.

At last something to see, thank you so much for sharing this, no props in 2nd video just what i was hoping for, the excitement grows :D

dastagg said:
AllanVB said:
Dronexpert is telling me that I have to wait another 2-5 weeks for delivery. WOW.. Guess it will give the other makers a chance to get my business. :x
When did you order yours or thinkng about makng an order?
January 15... Delivery time was 2 weeks! Or so the website said.

Shrimpfarmer said:
First of all many thanks for taking the trouble to film and post that. I think you did an excellent job with that video, also great use of annotations in Youtube.

Now as to what I think, I think its brilliant. You have clearly demonstrated that props in view need not be an issue at all. The stabilisation is rock solid and transforms the Vision as an aerial video platform. People will be very very happy with their gimbals. I agree with you that as the knowledge grows any jitters will be eliminated. If I do end up keeping my Vision, I might even give it that upgrade as well. I could always find a buddy prepared to help out with a 2 ship shoot. :D

Well done.

Yes, thanks! The video is a great example. Can't wait for mine.

Geert said:
whitelens said:
OK, here you go . .. #2 Phantom Vision test with Dronexpert Gimbal attached.

http://youtu.be/gbwcHtwzgFc

let me know what we think!
jerry

I think this is a huge improvement comparing with stock gimbal.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Geert.

hi everyone, hust watching the second video love it, i just put my order now, but few questions, in the instruction on the dronexpert gimbal, tell you how to put the 7 channel level on the tx?, why i read that people do not work their 7 channel, so whats going on?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga