Drones Etc. Shipping

Reaction score
I just received this message from Drones Etc. They (Becca) have been very good and I don't have a problem with them at all, but just wondered how many others there were who weren't getting their P3P's besides me until........? Not sure what I will do. I really like their deal w/hard case.

"We wish to inform you that there has been a delay in the shipping of your Phantom 3. Our shipment from DJI of Phantom 3’s that was anticipated for early this week and has been delayed due to production issues with DJI and will ultimately delay our ability to ship your Phantom 3 in the time frame as expected. Your order will ship immediately upon arrival of our shipment from DJI. If this does not work for you, we understand and can cancel your order, no questions asked. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to fill your order as soon as possible."

I just received this message from Drones Etc. They (Becca) have been very good and I don't have a problem with them at all, but just wondered how many others there were who weren't getting their P3P's besides me until........? Not sure what I will do. I really like their deal w/hard case.

"We wish to inform you that there has been a delay in the shipping of your Phantom 3. Our shipment from DJI of Phantom 3’s that was anticipated for early this week and has been delayed due to production issues with DJI and will ultimately delay our ability to ship your Phantom 3 in the time frame as expected. Your order will ship immediately upon arrival of our shipment from DJI. If this does not work for you, we understand and can cancel your order, no questions asked. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to fill your order as soon as possible."

I just got the same message regarding my p3 battery order. Personally I'm not going to cancel. I'll just end up at the end of an even later delivery date after the next wave if i do. i assume this will be the case with most dealers so... might as well wait.

Amazon has a few suppliers who can ship in 2 days or so. Still, I really like the combo deal Drones Etc has. I may just hold on to my current order. Maybe my P2, out for repair @dji, will be back by then or I'll know something about it. Positive side, I guess, is that my credit card won't be charged until then.

I too ordered a P3P with extra battery from Drones etc via Amazon. Still says it is shipping today and arriving next week. I have had no update as of 7:00pm EDT.

Amazon has a few suppliers who can ship in 2 days or so. Still, I really like the combo deal Drones Etc has. I may just hold on to my current order. Maybe my P2, out for repair @dji, will be back by then or I'll know something about it. Positive side, I guess, is that my credit card won't be charged until then.

ahh. i see. certainly a bummer for sure though. I was lucky enough to get my p3p the first week it shipped but only having one battery certainly limits the use of it. i can tell you when you do finally get it, you will be amazed at how much of an upgrade it is over the p2v fwiw.

What a Class company! This is the kind of communication that DJI SHOULD be sending to its customers. THIS, IMO, is compassionate, respectful, customer service. Way to go, DronesEtc and Thank You!

Dear Valued Drones Etc. Customer,

We know you have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of your DJI Phantom 3. We are writing to update you on the status of the Phantom 3’s availability. Recently, we were made aware of some production issues back at DJI. We expect that this will push delivery back 1-2 weeks. Rest assured that as one of DJI’s largest dealers worldwide, we will be among the first to get any new shipments. I wish we could give you more exact dates but we are at the mercy of DJI. As always, if at anytime you’d like to give up your place in line and request a refund, just let us know via email.

In the meantime we will be sending you a Drones Etc lanyard to confirm you order. This will secure your place in line and prevent your order from automatic cancellation. However, if after the lanyard has been sent and you wish to cancel your order before the drone actually ships, we will issue you a full refund at any time and you can keep the lanyard.

Thank you for your patience!

Reactions: Coldfire and Oso

I spoke with one of the tech from dji and asked him when they will be expecting the batteries and he told me June is when the batteries will be out. :(

What a Class company! This is the kind of communication that DJI SHOULD be sending to its customers. THIS, IMO, is compassionate, respectful, customer service. Way to go, DronesEtc and Thank You!

Dear Valued Drones Etc. Customer,

We know you have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of your DJI Phantom 3. We are writing to update you on the status of the Phantom 3’s availability. Recently, we were made aware of some production issues back at DJI. We expect that this will push delivery back 1-2 weeks. Rest assured that as one of DJI’s largest dealers worldwide, we will be among the first to get any new shipments. I wish we could give you more exact dates but we are at the mercy of DJI. As always, if at anytime you’d like to give up your place in line and request a refund, just let us know via email.

In the meantime we will be sending you a Drones Etc lanyard to confirm you order. This will secure your place in line and prevent your order from automatic cancellation. However, if after the lanyard has been sent and you wish to cancel your order before the drone actually ships, we will issue you a full refund at any time and you can keep the lanyard.

Thank you for your patience!

ManofWord - I really wish my experience with DronesEtc was anything close to yours. I have not received one word from them that I didn't initiate. I have had to discover all of the shipping delays by seeing the dates change on the website. And when I email to ask, I get excuses about how they are at the mercy of DJI. No emails stating that the P3 is delayed, no promised lanyard, nothing but excuses.

I work in sales and have customers that I deal with daily - I would never treat my customers this way. Bad news is not wine - it doesn't get better with age. If you know your customer is going to be negatively affected by something then you should get out in front of it and own it completely. Not blame suppliers or vendors - those suppliers didn't make shipping promises to your customers.

I'm glad you have had a good experience with DronesEtc. And I will assume that my experience has been an exception to the rule. However at this time I wouldn't recommend them to anyone I wanted to stay friends with.

Really sorry to hear that! Did you order direct or through Amazon? Mine was through Amazon, but I also was able to work with them to pay the difference to get the combo deal with the hard case.

I ordered the P3P package direct from DronesEtc. I wonder if Amazon is holding them to terms or if they are more concerned about Amazon reviews. I'm still hopeful that mine will actually ship this week but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I sent my inquiry both through Amazon and direct email to them when I asked about it. This will be my 3rd purchase from them. I hope we both get our kits soon!

I sent my inquiry both through Amazon and direct email to them when I asked about it. This will be my 3rd purchase from them. I hope we both get our kits soon!

Yeah - I will give them some slack since the Phantom is in pretty high demand. They aren't in complete control of the deliveries. But I am chomping at the bit to get mine and see it in the air. I'm just hoping that the transmitter doesn't mess with the defibrillator I just got implanted -- it would really suck to get an "inappropriate shock" every time I tried to fly it. I may end up with mine on eBay pretty quick if that happens :(

Yeah - I will give them some slack since the Phantom is in pretty high demand. They aren't in complete control of the deliveries. But I am chomping at the bit to get mine and see it in the air. I'm just hoping that the transmitter doesn't mess with the defibrillator I just got implanted -- it would really suck to get an "inappropriate shock" every time I tried to fly it. I may end up with mine on eBay pretty quick if that happens :(

Just received notification from Amazon that my DronesEtc order has shipped! Checked the tracking and it is, indeed, on it's way! Should have it by Thursday. NOW I'm starting to get excited. I could be flying before the week is up! Woo Hoo!

Uh, oh....I may have spoken too soon. The package is coming USPS First Class and I am suspecting now that it is the promised lanyard and not the whole shipment.

LOL, I agree. I was trying to find out but it does not indicate how much it weighs.
Awww dang..... Can't you call them? I ordered my p3p on Tuesday by calling and talking to them (different shop in California) and they had it on a truck that day and will be delivered Saturday. Just call them.

ManOfWord - I really hope it's your Phantom and not just the lanyard. That would be a huge let down to be expecting the P3P and have a small envelope with a lanyard arrive at the door. While very useful, I don't think it will fly as well.

Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31