Drones Etc. Shipping

Awww dang..... Can't you call them? I ordered my p3p on Tuesday by calling and talking to them (different shop in California) and they had it on a truck that day and will be delivered Saturday. Just call them.

Yeah, I just called and they said that it IS the lanyard. Situation is that Amazon automatically cancels orders if they are not fulfilled in a certain amount of time. So, to keep my place in line, they are shipping "something" until they get them in to keep the order "alive." Was told that my order would probably ship sometime next week. Apparently, this is all due to DJI production problems. Not sure what those problems are or if anyone in the real world knows. Anyway, I will continue to be patient, because impatience won't change anything!

Was just notified by email that I have a UPS package set for delivery this Friday from Drones Etc! At 10lbs, it should be the Phantom, unless it's the hard case. I'll be happy to get the case but much more happy to get the Phantom! Only 3 more days and I could be flying. Kind of cool because I will be attending a SWAT conference next week and one of the classes I am taking is Drones for the SWAT team! I'll bet none of the other teams have a P3P yet. LOL

Talked to them today, they got a set in this week but I sadly wasn't in that shipment. They're hoping to have another bigger one in next week as they have a tracking number from China.

I have had great service from Drone etc . I would do business again with them in a heart beat... Thank you Becca !!!!!!

I have had great service from Drone etc . I would do business again with them in a heart beat... Thank you Becca !!!!!!

I have had the exact opposite experience with DronesEtc. I haven't had any communication from them that I haven't initiated, I keep getting the "it will ship next week" response. Their customer service is worse that DJI and I assume that English IS their first language.

I work in sales and if I treated my customers the way DronesEtc has treated me, I wouldn't be able to afford a Phantom.

Anyone have any news on the hard cases? Extra batteries?
I think GoProfessional ended their preorder period and started shipping last week.

I haven't contacted them about it yet, just wondering if anyone here has.

I pick my Phantom 3 up on Monday at UPS just down the road from my office! Can't wait to get it in the air, I mean in my hands.

Woo Hoo! I picked up my P3P today from UPS. Took my time, charged everything up, updated the bird, took a short flight in "Baby" mode, then changed modes & cruised around and took some pics and vids. The responsiveness is amazing and using my iPad Mini works VERY well. DronesEtc told me that my GoProfessional hard case should ship this week as well. The P2 is still in California at DJI repair and has been there for 4 weeks with no progress recorded. Officially, it was placed into queue 18 days ago. We'll see how that goes. Until then, I guess I'll just have to enjoy this one!

I don't know about anyone else, but DronesEtc did everything they said they would when they said they would! I guess batteries are still a couple weeks out as they come from DJI.

Last edited:
I guess I have gotten way too old and expect way too much from people.

Between the really lousy service from the people at DronesEtc and what I have seen elsewhere lately I really believe that the idea of "customer service" has died. No communication, no apologies, no owning the problem -- just continued BS promises of "next week". It's always DJI's problem - but I don't think DJI put dates on their website, or didn't bother to send emails or continued to make up stories when I reached out to them.

Customer service is dead - the golden rule is dead - and for really good sales people, the platinum rule "do unto others as they would want you to do unto them" is really really dead.

I guess I've just gotten old...

So let's say you are a 2 man shop and you receive 100 e-mails a day asking the same questions over and over again about where is my battery, would you devote your entire day responding to those e-mails or run your business. Let's all take a big deep breath and give these business owners a break, your batteries will arrive as soon as they can.

Reactions: Toddzilla
Personally I'd send out a blanket email to all existing open orders each time there was a delay. (Orders of Phantom 3s marked shipping by the end of May have been delayed, the new current estimated ship date is June X.) Would save them the flood of emails they get each day and generally you invite the desire for better notification when you process payment immediately versus upon shipment.

Reactions: scott rich
Personally I'd send out a blanket email to all existing open orders each time there was a delay. (Orders of Phantom 3s marked shipping by the end of May have been delayed, the new current estimated ship date is June X.) Would save them the flood of emails they get each day and generally you invite the desire for better notification when you process payment immediately versus upon shipment.

Exactly - keep your customers informed and you will avoid a whole lot of frustration. One form email to those 100's of customers will keep 80% of them from getting upset and most will thank you for the updates.

Personally I'd send out a blanket email to all existing open orders each time there was a delay..........
Then they'd get complaints to quit e-mailing so much and spamming!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Then they'd get complaints to quit e-mailing so much and spamming!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Heh, I don't think I've EVER complained about getting too many emails when I'm waiting on something.

On the flip side I don't doubt they're overwhelmed but talked with a guy there and the order is still incoming for this week so he thinks it should take care of all pending orders. Said we should see a tracking number by the end of the week hopefully.

Reactions: snerd
Just got my UPS Tracking info for my GoProfessional hard case and extra battery. Will be here on Friday if not before. Woo Hoo! So much easier to keep the P3P in a nice case WITH the props on and simply be able to take it out, boot it up, and fly! Thanks again, DronesEtc!

By the time the P3's and Batteries all get delivered, then the P4 will be releasing and we will be back on the same merry-go-round. The technology is developing a warp speed..o_O

Just got my UPS Tracking info for my GoProfessional hard case and extra battery. Will be here on Friday if not before. Woo Hoo! So much easier to keep the P3P in a nice case WITH the props on and simply be able to take it out, boot it up, and fly! Thanks again, DronesEtc!

when did you place your order?

Thank you to Shawn, Becca and everyone at DronesEtc. I know I was a giant PITA and I apologize for that. The entire team there was more than professional in the way they dealt with my frustrations. I really hope that I have not "blacklisted" myself with them because I know I'm going to need another battery soon!

I received my P3P Bundle yesterday and have flown it last night and this morning - an amazing piece of technology. I am going to drive my wife completely nuts trying to fly during every free second I have. Really happy to be an active member of the club now!

Again - to the entire team at DronesEtc - I apologize for being an A_ _. Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic