Drones banned from Derby parks

Reaction score
Drones are now banned from Derby parks over 'security and privacy' issues so says the Derbyshire ET.
It's bloody irritating, not least because it seems to be largely borne out of ignorance. People seem to think you can zoom into closeup shots of people from a height of 150+ft. I wouldn't fly over a busy park anyway, but this rule seems to apply irrespective of the number of people around. The CAA guidelines provide more than enough protection and I'd be ok with that becoming law for all UAV pilots. But this blanket ban is just daft IMO.
Rant over [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It seem's like the U.K is going the way of the U.S they seem to have pretty much the same regulations as the FAA. A lot of bigger cities in the U.S ban drones from parks. I'm lucky that I live in a small town in a sparsely populated state so people aren't ready to take a stand on drones.

Sounds like something you should take up with your MP.
It is legal and legitimate to take photographs in a public space. And if you are flying within FAA regs you are legit.

Are they also going to ban camera phones from the parc on the same "privacy" rules?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sounds like something you should take up with your MP.
It is legal and legitimate to take photographs in a public space. And if you are flying within FAA regs you are legit.

Are they also going to ban camera phones from the parc on the same "privacy" rules?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It's the CAA in the U.K.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.