Village in UK now bans all done from flying in parks and other areas

Reaction score
My local village has now put up a notice that all drones/UAVs will be banned from flying in both parks and other parish and local council land. Apparently this is because council insurance will not cover the flying of drones in public areas, as (correctly) I guess the insurance companies are worried out users of these places being hit and claiming from the councils.

I've also been told that this is now a trend across the UK and one insurance company is issuing notices to other councils across the land. This will also include flying on private land that 'goes across' public land, with local do goddess taking images on phones and sending them to the councils involved. Maybe its also being ramped up for the christmas period in the likely event that people will be flying them over the holidays.

There is now also a banner up on the park to warn people of using this, although personally I have not seen it, just the minutes of the council meeting.

Another nail in the coffin for the hobby.

Eventually, the sheer numbers of us will slowly overcome all of this initial, ignorant hysteria. Hundreds of thousands out there already, with millions more to be sold over the next year or so. A lot of these bans will be challenged and thrown out. They can't stop progress.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro

Eventually, the sheer numbers of us will slowly overcome all of this initial, ignorant hysteria. Hundreds of thousands out there already, with millions more to be sold over the next year or so. A lot of these bans will be challenged and thrown out. They can't stop progress.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk Pro
Sounds good to me, most of these people are just Luddites. Just like the invention of the motor car, aircraft and phones there will always be opposition, but it still annoys me...and who do I blame apart from the small in number **** head pilots, the press!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers