Drones approved by Transport Canada

Reaction score
Hi Friends
So officially DJI have stopped making phantom 4 pro. It’s on their website.
So this leads me to a think that the Phantom 4 pro will not be included in the transport Canada’s list of approved drones.
If this is true then For me as it is I’m sure for many others a huge issue.
We have all spent tons of $$ on this unit which is a great unit but this will be a huge problem.
Your thoughts please.
Thanks

What would be the criteria for making it to the list of approved drones for transport? I would put on top of the list its safety feautures. Most DJI drones share the same safety feautures so most would get into the list of approved drones.

I only wrote my basic exam because of this issue. For any advanced operations, your drone must be on the list. Transport Canada has to receive the info from the manufacturer. I have sent an email to DJI, but have not received a reply. I fly a p3pro.

What would be the criteria for making it to the list of approved drones for transport? I would put on top of the list its safety feautures. Most DJI drones share the same safety feautures so most would get into the list of approved drones.

A few of their drones don’t have all round sensing which is what I would have presumed was sufficient to be in the SAFE list.
I do not know their criteria and have also emailed them.

Where do you get your information from ?
It does not make sense that the battery woul be an issue

Reactions: Riptide01
I don't remember where I heard it... batteries have been known to malfunction, it is an issue when flying over people and your battery goes kaput

This ha nothing to do with TC approvals of drones.
All drones have batteries
That can fail. It’s the safety systems that TC Canada looks at.
Let’s not assume until we have solid info.

I attended a seminar put on by TC about the new drone rules, and he said that they expect DJI to declare at some point... Did not mention any models, just that he expected that.

Hi Friends
So this leads me to a think that the Phantom 4 pro will not be included in the transport Canada’s list of approved drones.
We have all spent tons of $$ on this unit which is a great unit but this will be a huge problem.
Your thoughts please.
Thanks
Can u post that link?

1551741073694.png

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
Hi Friends
Your thoughts please.
Thanks
Phantom 4 pro V2.0 is still in production, not?

Received today from Dji

TC only regulated advanced operation. These rules are set to govern how Canadian drone operators fly during the following scenarios:
1) Operations near people,
2) Operations over people, and
3) Operations in controlled airspace.
Under the new rules, drones will generally only be permitted to fly in these scenarios if the hardware manufacturer (DJI) has gone through a process that involves testing and documentation to certify that our drones are safe to operate under these conditions. We fully believe that DJI products are safe to operate and intend to comply with these new rules.

This certification process has not yet been finalized by Transport Canada. We have reviewed a lengthy draft document on the process and are studying its requirements. At this early stage, we cannot say with certainty which aircraft models DJI will undertake this process for, but be reassured that our goal is to make sure that our customers can continue to use DJI drones for even their most complex missions.

DJI has been working with Transport Canada for several years to positively affect the rules and regulations of drone flight in the skies above Canada. We believe that drone technology is an important part of the Canadian economy whether flying for fun or flying for work and are actively engaged in conversation with Transport Canada to make this system as practical and clear as possible for everyone involved. We will continue to advocate on your behalf as resellers and on behalf of Canadian drone pilots on this matter. Stay tuned for more information on our plans in this area as Transport Canada's final approach to this process becomes more clear.

I am currently in charging of enterprise sales division for exploring new corporate customers. If you have further policy questions, you can directly contact: [email protected]. We have whole team behind it to support your further questions. Thank you.

Thanks and best regards,

Stefany Wang
DJI Enterprise Solution
[email protected] | www.dji.com

Hi Friends
Your thoughts please.
Thanks
Here is the link to the list of dji drones recently approved by Transport Canada. The announced DJI compliant drones include: The Matrice 600 Series, Matrice 200 Series, Matrice 200 V2 Series, Inspire 2, Mavic 2 Series, Mavic Air, Mavic Pro, Spark, and Phantom 4 Series.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic