Drones and dogs don't go well together

It's a good idea to turn off VPS sonar if you ever have dog issues. That might help mitigate the agitation of the dog. This is a good reason to practice and understand how to safely hand catch your craft. I've had to do this once about a year ago with a curious 5yr old boy that escaped his mom.

Safest way to hand catch IMO:

1. Never grab a moving drone.
2. Bring it in about 7' high, about 10' away, let it hover 5sec.
3. Take your fingers OFF the RC controls during the grab.
4. If the craft is hovering steady, walk over to the craft and grab the landing gear with your right hand. Never take your eye off the landing gear during the walk and grab.
5. With a firm grip on the landing gear, hold the craft in place at 7', then use your left hand to push the left stick full down for 3sec until the motors stop.
6. After the motors stop, bring the craft down and turn off the craft battery.

Note: If you're on a boat bobbing up and down during a hand catch, the "full down - left stick" command to stop the motors likely won't work because the craft is moving. In those cases be prepared to execute a CSC, both sticks down and inward. This is pretty difficult to do by yourself without a harness, so either be prepared and wear a harness, or get some brave sole to help out to catch the craft so you have both hands free for the CSC.

Anyway if you shutdown downward vision system (which include ultrasound p4p sensors), dogs feel more confortable. I've tested this on my own experience

That's what I would have suggested, hand catch the quad. I have 2 King Charles Spaniels and as soon as I get the backpack out with the quad in it, they both go hide. Don't have to worry about them chasing it.

my dogs don't care about our drones/helis/planes they've been around them since they were born but when our neighbour decided to hover his Syma 8c about 2.5m over our garden the male (Afghan Hound) took it down in one jump/grab. Drone destroyed, not a mark on the dog :)

The neighbour still hasn't been to ask for it back

I use my drone to exercise our friend’s dogs...as you can see Riley the Border Collie really needs the exercise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT