Dronebase services for Allstate

Reaction score
Has anyone done one of these mission? How'd it work out? 60-70 specific stills with a lot of conditions apparently dictated by Allstate.

Feels like a lot for $70.

Reactions: Kenneth-UAV
For $70? Negative.

I'm assuming only part of this is drone and part is terrestrial photography.

I can tell you first hand this proposal is a losing one unless you are retired and just looking to make a little bit of gas money and get you out of the house. Also odds are you'll be expected to be quick, accurate, and thorough while driving all over from job to job to job.

We call this "Low Hanging Fruit" and that's usually the most rotten of the tree.

For $70? Negative.

I'm assuming only part of this is drone and part is terrestrial photography.

I can tell you first hand this proposal is a losing one unless you are retired and just looking to make a little bit of gas money and get you out of the house. Also odds are you'll be expected to be quick, accurate, and thorough while driving all over from job to job to job.

We call this "Low Hanging Fruit" and that's usually the most rotten of the tree.

Agreed...if you haven't, you might get a look at all the conditions tied to the job. The site survey alone for the very specific shot list would take an hour or so to map out. Just not worth it for the pay offered.

Reactions: Kenneth-UAV
I would do the job if only for this reason: By parsing the job out to a "for hire" service, it keeps Allstate from adding "drone duty" to their inspectors. This would mean less opportunities for independent operators.
I did one for Betterview. 15mins preplaning the orthomosaic flights, 20 min flight time, super easy

Reactions: MTO and AndrewCCM
I just got invited to take the Dronebase Allstate course. Hope to get some work here in Huntsville.

Just did my first Dronebase/Allstate job, and it wasn't bad. 45 minutes on site, and $150. Most of the shots turned out to be ground as there were outbuildings/decks/grills/etc. I think, if I get enough of them, I could probably trim the onsite time down to 20-30 minutes.

Reactions: MTO and Kentrol72
If DroneBase kept sending you emails to complete your online and field training in order to "Start accepting client missions" as they claim... don't think it means right away or with any frequency. They are referring to starting your READINESS, not starting actual client missions. Dronebase staff will remind you of this "misunderstanding" when you finally request clarification. They want a pool of ready-pilots when your area is hit by a storm causing a sudden influx of roof damage claims. The roof inspection opportunities will come and go, QUICKLY.

If DroneBase kept sending you emails to complete your online and field training in order to "Start accepting client missions" as they claim... don't think it means right away or with any frequency. They are referring to starting your READINESS, not starting actual client missions. Dronebase staff will remind you of this "misunderstanding" when you finally request clarification. They want a pool of ready-pilots when your area is hit by a storm causing a sudden influx of roof damage claims. The client mission opportunities will come and go, QUICKLY.
That post was way back in early Feb. In fact, there was a mission offering before I completed the training and at least 1 a week after I completed the training. Then in March we had a severe set of Hail and tornado storms roll through and my mission pay out grew to this:
1526156500659.png

Not sure what you continue beefing with Drone base. It's not their fault jobs aren't in your area. I used to live in Florida and remember at least one of the major insurance companies pulling out of the state after Hurricane Wilma wrecked the Gulf side. Drone base I'd not fake. Stop wasting your time and possibly burning bridges trying to defame them on this forum. Instead, discuss the Mapping jobs your doing as you stated in the other thread. Let's be positive, and be factual when we call out companies.

Reactions: MTO
That post was way back in early Feb. In fact, there was a mission offering before I completed the training and at least 1 a week after I completed the training. Then in March we had a severe set of Hail and tornado storms roll through and my mission pay out grew to this: View attachment 98767

Not sure what you continue beefing with Drone base. It's not their fault jobs aren't in your area. I used to live in Florida and remember at least one of the major insurance companies pulling out of the state after Hurricane Wilma wrecked the Gulf side. Drone base I'd not fake. Stop wasting your time and possibly burning bridges trying to defame them on this forum. Instead, discuss the Mapping jobs your doing as you stated in the other thread. Let's be positive, and be factual when we call out companies.
Positively and factually, I cover 2/3 of Florida since I’m centrally located. I travel coast to Florida coast in my construction superintendent work. Not sure why you have a beef with me.

Last edited:
Agreed...if you haven't, you might get a look at all the conditions tied to the job. The site survey alone for the very specific shot list would take an hour or so to map out. Just not worth it for the pay offered.
Don’t worry about hurting anybody’s feelings with the truth you’ve discovered. Your post will help other prospective pilots make an informed decision.

That post was way back in early Feb. In fact, there was a mission offering before I completed the training and at least 1 a week after I completed the training. Then in March we had a severe set of Hail and tornado storms roll through and my mission pay out grew to this: View attachment 98767

The posted numbers on your claimed earnings and total missions with Dronebase = $35 per mission. Thank you for being honest and helping prospective pilots make good decisions.

Last edited:
Has anyone done one of these mission? How'd it work out? 60-70 specific stills with a lot of conditions apparently dictated by Allstate.

Feels like a lot for $70.
Your quite right. It’s best to first send an email to Dronebase requesting the number of past and present missions in your area before deciding to do the online course, testing, photos, DIY badge creation, iPhone app setup, special controller settings, specific dress code, full test mission plus operating rule and customer intro memorization. Get a feel for the number of client missions waiting (or not waiting) for you. Be smart.

Chill dude go hate on your own party somewhere else. If it’s not good for you call Dronebase and remove your self as a pilot and from this topic. It might be good for others to get out and fly and make money while doing it. And if it wasn’t for dronebase you wouldn’t have the opportunity to do those jobs.
Your personal attack is not welcome.

Guys if you don't mind lets chill in this before it gets out of hand .

Has anyone had a mission for Allstate lately. I live in the Austin Tx area. I used to get many a week. But after March of this year. There has not been one mission. I have almost 100 missions with Dronebase. Primarily contracted to Allstate. Dronebase said I have a perfect documented record. Just curious if Allstate have backed off from Dronebase.

I just got a mission request for an Allstate job with DB today. Had to turn it down since it is too far. I think the drought is just due to non claims. It is slow here in northern Alabama as well Jetmechs

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik