DRONE ???????????

Reaction score
I am becoming very angry at the use of the word DRONE !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This has been the norm for all people, that have no idea what a DRONE IS.

A Phantom is not a DRONE, GET THIS INTO YOUR HEADS, It is a Radio Controlled model, as is a model Aeroplane , A Quadcopter, A Glider, A Plane, A Rocket,, A RADIO CONTROLLED MODEL CANNOT BE COMPARED TO A DRONE.

I feel sick to my stomach!! to think all YOU!! out there, for some reason think / and advertise the word DRONE.

A Drone is destined to KILL PEOPLE WITH A PREDETERMINED AND PROGRAMMED ROUT VIA SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM.

A Quadcopter is a recreational play thing THAT HAS, IN ALL HONESTY, A SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL HOMING DEVISE. THAT IS ALL.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: johnp44
Per the dictionary, a Phantom could be classified as a drone.

"any unmanned aircraft or ship that is guided remotely"

I think the problem is that most people associate "drone" with something bad -- thanks to the news.

Reactions: Cody L. Williams
o_O Really now ? Bad day we having are we ? Get over it dude , no need getting all red faced about it :eek:
I paid for my Drone and Pilot my Drone and getting ready to go fly my Drone :)
I even have a RPG on my Drone ;) :p
Hope ya have a better day :)

For only $10.00, I will send anyone an exemption which will permit the holder to use the word "drone".
Do not say that word without it!

Reactions: Drumnut12
Apart from the origin of the 'drone' word, the mainstream has adopted is as synonymous with the UAV. This might be the same as with 'hacker' word, which is widely known as person who cracks, breaks IT systems. Where at the beginning it described person with exceptional IT skills.

I prefer to call mine a F450 /e600 with Amidrox extended arms video drone.

Plain truth, a UAV/quadcopter... is a drone by definition. Also, words are defined by their usage. Since _everyone_ knows UAV's as dones... they are drones. It's like asking someone for an Kleenex (although that came from a brand name).

People know the difference between a toy quadcopter and a military drone.

Reactions: Clipper707
I don't know what you are talking about.
My phantom is equipped with 2 rocket launchers and I have a website with a pay-per-kill function. You just insert the GPS coordinated of your target, send me the money, and I will unleash my "drone" onto the target.
Very lucrative business.
That's true, the are now adding new functions for the latest lethal weapons.

Are hobbyist “drones” really drones?
Usually, yes. Many drone hobbyists have an extremely high level of expertise regarding systems for autonomous flight. They use this expertise to merge robotics, sensors, and airframe design in an amazing variety of innovative ways. In addition, they are often very careful in their use of terminology. If a serious hobbyist calls his or her platform a “drone,” that is almost certainly an accurate designation.

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/2012/04/12/what-is-a-drone-anyway/

Sorry buddy, but we are all flyin' drones. Get over it.

I am becoming very angry at the use of the word DRONE !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This has been the norm for all people, that have no idea what a DRONE IS.

A Phantom is not a DRONE, GET THIS INTO YOUR HEADS, It is a Radio Controlled model, as is a model Aeroplane , A Quadcopter, A Glider, A Plane, A Rocket,, A RADIO CONTROLLED MODEL CANNOT BE COMPARED TO A DRONE.

I feel sick to my stomach!! to think all YOU!! out there, for some reason think / and advertise the word DRONE.

A Drone is destined to KILL PEOPLE WITH A PREDETERMINED AND PROGRAMMED ROUT VIA SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM.

A Quadcopter is a recreational play thing THAT HAS, IN ALL HONESTY, A SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL HOMING DEVISE. THAT IS ALL.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

You sir have been misinformed and thus frightened by the media.

This is funny stuff.

I think GoodnNuff just hit the nail on the head.

Man I was gonna go fly my Phantom and blowup my Drone RC10 Car.

By his definition a Drone is also a model RC airplane. The term is almost interchangeable. Unless its a full scale, copter, plane, boat, car, whatever its a model or "drone" relax man have a drink.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31