DRONE ???????????

Reactions: dirkclod
This train has left the station ... it was all over a year ago.
Too late to complain about it.
The term has well and truly entered the vernacular.

This train has left the station ... it was all over a year ago.
Too late to complain about it.
The term has well and truly entered the vernacular.

OK call it a drone then, and get hit by the public with hate ---- then the hobby will die from the inside.

Personally, I call mine a 'quad' which is also confusing to some people as many people consider a 'quad' - at least in Australia - to be something along the lines of an ATV.

Once I upgrade to the S1000, I'm hardly going to start calling it an 'Octo" so then I'll call it a 'drone,' because despite your dislike of it, that word does NOT apply solely to remotely piloted armed or weaponised aircraft, it applies far more broadly.
Personally, if your RC aircraft has realtime live video feed, then you're flying a drone. Whether you like that term or not doesn't change that fact.

I often get asked by bystanders, "What is it?" when I'm out flying. When I sense that I'm talking to someone like the OP who might misunderstand the meaning of the word 'drone' then I usually describe it as a "Photography Drone" because telling them "It's a Phantom 2" will mean nothing to them, and telling them it's a 'quadcopter' or 'quad' might not mean much more, but everyone knows what a 'drone' is, and the vast majority will know from news articles about these non-armed types, exactly what it is when I call it a "photography drone"

I am becoming very angry at the use of the word DRONE !!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
This has been the norm for all people, that have no idea what a DRONE IS.

A Phantom is not a DRONE, GET THIS INTO YOUR HEADS, It is a Radio Controlled model, as is a model Aeroplane , A Quadcopter, A Glider, A Plane, A Rocket,, A RADIO CONTROLLED MODEL CANNOT BE COMPARED TO A DRONE.

I feel sick to my stomach!! to think all YOU!! out there, for some reason think / and advertise the word DRONE.

A Drone is destined to KILL PEOPLE WITH A PREDETERMINED AND PROGRAMMED ROUT VIA SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL SYSTEM.

A Quadcopter is a recreational play thing THAT HAS, IN ALL HONESTY, A SATELLITE NAVIGATIONAL HOMING DEVISE. THAT IS ALL.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

An astonishingly emotional outburst.
I guess you must be either

a) a teenager
b) a female
c) a troll
d) all three of the above ?

Calm down and stop using capitals. :rolleyes:

Anyway. Can't chat now. I need to go and fly my drone.

Last edited:
OK call it a drone then, and get hit by the public with hate ---- then the hobby will die from the inside.
No .. DRONE is a word that people understand and as they are increasingly exposed to our drones and are unlikely to ever see the other kind of drone.

Your whole rant is a year out of date.
You missed your chance to have a say back then and the battle has been lost.
Our toy helicopters now own the word drone and that's the meaning that is and will be even more, understood when drone is used.
Use of the word by us won't cause public hate.
It's the word that most of the public use themselves and it's what they understand.
The suggestion that the use of the word would cause the hobby to die is just laughable.

Am astonishingly emotional outburst.
I guess you must be either

a) a teenager
b) a female
c) a troll
d) all three of the above ?

Calm down and stop using capitals. :rolleyes:

Anyway. Can't chat now. I need to go and fly my drone.

I am a Man, 61 years old , I have no idea what a troll is, I also I hold a private pilots licence for twin engine Aircraft, I have my own business, I am not a fool.
Married with 3 daughters 1 at University studding Astro physics for a Phd.

Anything else ???

I am a Man, 61 years old , I have no idea what a troll is, I also I hold a private pilots licence for twin engine Aircraft, I have my own business, I am not a fool.
Married with 3 daughters 1 at University studding Astro physics for a Phd.

Anything else ???
blank stare.png
o_O.......Sounds like you a lucky man :)
So what kind of Drone ya fly ? :D

Reactions: Electric Warrior
Topvideos1001, I know where your coming from, (not physically), but it's a losing battle, we're stuck with this crappy name for our hobby aircraft now, so we just have to like it and lump it. ;)

Reactions: dirkclod
No .. DRONE is a word that people understand and as they are increasingly exposed to our drones and are unlikely to ever see the other kind of drone.

Your whole rant is a year out of date.
You missed your chance to have a say back then and the battle has been lost.
Our toy helicopters now own the word drone and that's the meaning that is and will be even more, understood when drone is used.
Use of the word by us won't cause public hate.
It's the word that most of the public use themselves and it's what they understand.
The suggestion that the use of the word would cause the hobby to die is just laughable.

Laughable ? well maybe, where you are, but in the UK it is getting to be a problem with comments like -
Are you a peeping Tom that film through Ladies bedrooms, and watch children, What else would a man do with that thing.

Don't mind all the razzing bro , ya just hit on something that's been a topic here since I joined .
Hope ya mother in law don't see that :eek:

Reactions: Topvideos1001
The trouble is, everyone keeps droning on and on about it. :rolleyes:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4