Drone will not start

Reaction score
The batteries are fully charged. I turn on the drone 1st then the transmitter. I've tried it also by turning the transmitter 1st then the drone. Neither way will start up the drone! I've had this issue in the past few months but it always started up after a few tries. Now it's completely dead and will not start.

I can go through the orientation ok and all the lights come on. Camera also works but just wont start up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Al

The batteries are fully charged. I turn on the drone 1st then the transmitter. I've tried it also by turning the transmitter 1st then the drone. Neither way will start up the drone! I've had this issue in the past few months but it always started up after a few tries. Now it's completely dead and will not start.

I can go through the orientation ok and all the lights come on. Camera also works but just wont start up.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Al
Forgot to mention I have a Phantom 3

The P3P is geofenced. If you are within one mile of a class B or C airport, the motors will not start.
The P3P has a definite startup sequence: turn on transmitter, then AC, then mobile device, then plug in the cable from the transmitter to the mobile device, then turn on mobile device, then click on DJI GO.
If neither of these two tips fix your the problem, then I do not know what will

@nhtrader2,
You been a member for 2 years and your first post?

Welcome to the Forum!!

Its been cold here, I had to use some starting fluid the other day. :rolleyes:

Need some more info....

"all the lights come on. Camera also works but just wont start up. "

#1 What model of Phantom 3

#2 Camera works?
#2a Camera moves?
#2b Camera shows Image?
#2c Camera can take photos?

#3 All the lights come on?
#3a All the lights on the Phantom?
#3b All the lights on the Battery?
#3c Do the lights stay on?

#4 Won't startup?
#4a The Phantom motors?

Your turn... ;)

Rod

Keep us in the loop!
If it works, if it don't, what you think was wrong.

Rod

I have had this same problem with my P3S. I was in Class B airspace, and was also in close proximity to 2 large cell towers. I got it to start up one time out of about 10 tries in this location. However, once I moved out of the class B airspace, and away from the cell towers it worked fine.
One member suggested it was probably the interference from the cell towers more than being located in Class B airspace. I don't know which, but moving to another location did the trick for me. hope this helps...?

I doubt very much the problem is a cell tower. I have started (once only) atop a manhole cover (never do this). Other people have flown around and near cell towers. No problem. I still think it is DJI's geofencing in the P3 series.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic