Drone Tour - Dupont Forrest, NC & Bald Rock, SC

Reaction score
A brief tour of the mountains of NC/SC, including Dupont Forrest, where "The Hunger Games" was filmed. I'm still working on my color grading skills. The first half not so good, but gets a little better later!

Those shots with the mist hanging around the mountains were fantastic!

Were you using an ND filter? In particular, 2:05 looks like it could have been even cooler with a bit less overexposure in the sun corner.

Those shots with the mist hanging around the mountains were fantastic!

Were you using an ND filter? In particular, 2:05 looks like it could have been even cooler with a bit less overexposure in the sun corner.

Thanks! Actually, this is one of the few flights where I didn't use a ND filter, just the clear stock lens protector since I thought the clouds would stick around and be too dark to use anything else. As for the overexposure, if I had simply panned upward a little, I think it would have corrected the exposure since it is center-metered. I usually have the horizon really high in the shot so the terrain will be bright enough to see below the horizon. The sky conditions were always changing, so I probably had the white balance set too low as the sun came out, which made it a little bluer than I would like.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl