Drone stuck in a tall tree

Reaction score
Is anyone nearby Paramus NJ with a drone? I'm trying to rescue mine from a tree and that could be one of the solutions. To hook it up somehow.
Thank you so much

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,990
That is a real bad situation. If someone would do the hook thing, your drone may be hooked to the tree. Then there would be two drones hook. Maybe a fishing pole would work? A fishing bow and arrow? I'm trying to help while sick at home, so I'm not responsible for my irrational thoughts. Long shot, but one more. The Dutch have eagles that intercepte drones. Do we have any federal agencies that do that with eagles?

Reactions: Slickvolt
here's my advice, I rescued three of my drones out of trees using my tall ladders and poles with hooks on them and either shook them down or tried to hook them, in all three cases they fell or suffered some sort of damage that cost money to fix. Your tree looks close enough to a road , you should hire a tree company with the tree truck to retrieve it, it'll save you money in the end or at least break even, also every mission that I tried with ladders and poles was dangerous to my own safety

here's my advice, I rescued three of my drones out of trees using my tall ladders and poles with hooks on them and either shook them down or tried to hook them, in all three cases they fell or suffered some sort of damage that cost money to fix. Your tree looks close enough to a road , you should hire a tree company with the tree truck to retrieve it, it'll save you money in the end or at least break even, also every mission that I tried with ladders and poles was dangerous to my own safety
I agree, the cost of the tree lift will probably be less than than the repairs after it hits the ground from the fall.

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
100' Tree?, Looks climbable, by a climber, the power lines don't look fun.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Mine fell out from wind, wasn't pretty.

One of my ideas, but I never had the chance.

Rod

Yep thats high for sure, did someone ask you could it get stuck in a tall tree and you answered is this high enough! lol I would try to get a tree or rock climber to get it, they love to climb stuff, it would be worth the money because if it falls to the ground it will most probably need major repairs.

Stretch out something like a cargo net between three people to catch it.

Rod

Last edited:
Yep thats high for sure, did someone ask you could it get stuck in a tall tree and you answered is this high enough! lol I would try to get a tree or rock climber to get it, they love to climb stuff, it would be worth the money because if it falls to the ground it will most probably need major repairs.
Some kids like to climb things. Lol. Just tell them they will get their dinner.

100' Tree?, Looks climbable, by a climber, the power lines don't look fun.

Mine fell out from wind, wasn't pretty.

One of my ideas, but I never had the chance.

Rod
Very good ideas!

@UpLift Aerial,
One idea use the catch with a glide and fish line, think of the guide as a pulley.

It would be hanging just below the camera from the landing gear, the backup plan was that the glide could be pulled loose like Velcro. If you hooked the wrong object or the line got hung up, Then you just leave the line by raising the Phantom. What was holding the glide would need to weaker than the upward thrust of the Phantom.

I actually have a small hanging scale I was going to test the thrust.

Once the catch locks on to the Phantom of the tree, or mistakenly to a branch. You would still have one end of the fish line hooked to your fishing pole. You could still shake the tree, etc as others have done.

I was going to share some of my other tree posts.
Fun while it lasted

You were already part of this one. ;)
I couldn't believe that in my garage that night, its starts sprinkling, Marco Polo tracker picks it up and I can't retrieve it. :(
Drone stuck in 125 ft tree

Rod

When you are too high the options dwindle. One of the first things is to ascertain what you're up against. Use another quadcopter to see what the situation is. Unfortunately, it is often the case that the disabled drone has flipped over and the rotors have actually "locked" it into the branches. The best case if practical is to hire a bucket truck. Many bucket trucks are fully extended at around 75'. Even using a hook of some kind may not work if your blades are locked into the tree. It can also be impossible for the operator to negotiate branches in the way of the bucket thus creating a dangerous situation for the operator. Make sure they are fully insured. So, after blowing your arm trying to hit with a basketball, softball, baseball, etc. The average DJI drone won't fare too well falling 80 plus feet to the ground. Unable to reach with a bucket and totally exasperated, use a 20 gauge shotgun and blow the stink'n thing out of the tree. You at least have the satisfaction of knowing no one else will come along at some future date and possess your copter. Then go on BH or Amazon and buy a new one without a controller or battery, if possible.

-- zigs

PS, I've been there short of using the shotgun. ;-) Life does go on.

I did tree work for a few years. Contact a local tree company or 2 and see if they can come out and look at it. They may be able to help you with a bucket truck or a climber. If that is a no go, try the power company in your area. They will do most anything to keep YOU away from the lines. Those lines look like exposed lines and you don't want to be anywhere near them. Good Luck

"They will do most anything to keep YOU away from the lines."

thumb-up-terminator pablo M R.jpg

Rod

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.