Drone Registration Number Stickers

Reaction score
Ok,
After registering my drone I started looking around for options to label my drone. I found some pretty cool services on etsy and ebay for vinyl decals and even making badges like your drone ID card with a lanyard! The problem is I do not feel comfortable with giving people I do not know my drone registration number, especially since it is not even tied to a specific serial number. What do you think?

I just used sticker labels run through my printer sitting here next to me.

Why can't you do the same?

Would not the wording "Reward if found call **********" written in felt pen not be better? Then if you do have a flyaway anyone who is half decent can give you a call? Or am I missing something?

Sure, but you still need to attach your FAA registration number somewhere.

I could... Just thought vinyl decals would look nicer and hold up better.

My label is in the battery chamber. So looks and longevity is not an issue.

In the UK we have not got to that stage, yet. Registration of any kind not required. No doubt it will come in time. Some idiot will do something stupid with a drone. The press will get it all out of proportion and we will have to register.

Ok,
After registering my drone I started looking around for options to label my drone. I found some pretty cool services on etsy and ebay for vinyl decals and even making badges like your drone ID card with a lanyard! The problem is I do not feel comfortable with giving people I do not know my drone registration number, especially since it is not even tied to a specific serial number. What do you think?

The info you provided to get your registration number is now a matter of public record and anyone can go online and see it. So I wouldn't worry to much about giving out you number to have stickers made.

In an email to Forbes, an FAA spokesperson stated, "Until the drone registry system is modified, the FAA will not release names and address. When the drone registry system is modified to permit public searches of registration numbers, names and addresses will be revealed through those searches."

The info you provided to get your registration number is now a matter of public record and anyone can go online and see it. So I wouldn't worry to much about giving out you number to have stickers made.
Not necessarily. If the FAA builds the system as they described it, you will only be able to access the registration information if you have the registration number.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.