Drone license

Reaction score
Hey Everyone,
I need some advice. I originally decided to buy a drone to be able to shoot footage at our business. We own a family fun park and also an event center. My thoughts were to be able to shoot footage and take advantage of social media. The idea has worked but I received a message commenting on my footage and proceeded to ask if I were licensed and that I was shooting in a restricted area. My business is approx. 20 miles from an airport. I have not flown above 100' feet and most of the time 25'. So I got into this for promotional reasons but now I'm hooked. I DO NOT want to do any that could hurt this sport/hobby that I now love to do.. so give it to me straight, I can take it. I want to do things right.
Thanks

If you're in the US, you'll need a remote pilot license since you're doing commercial work. See more details here.

In the USA the FAA has guidelines for most of this. They do distinguish between hobby and commercial use. Airport zones here are usually 5 mines or less. Some communities have guidelines and rules as well.

If you are using the drone to promote your business in any way even if money does not change hands it is considered commercial and you will need to pass the part 107 FAA exam and get a sUAS license.

Down load the FAA B4UFly app. It's free and will indicate what type of airspace is in your planned flight path.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl