Drone Just Back from DJI: TEST FLIGHT?

Reaction score
So, a terrible experience with DJI repairs on the drone culminating with them telling me it was shipped yet UPS had not idea where it was as they did not receive it for another 4-5 days. (Turned out that DJI—despite saying it was completed and shipped—had NOT finished the work and was waiting to do that and then conduct their flight test.)

Now I have back a different drone than the one I sent them and I am worried. Thinking I should do some serious flight test, but not sure what that should be.

Original problem was a semi-functional joystick; they ended up “fixing“ a bad leg, cracked upper housing and a few other things, although that was on the drone I sent them—NOT the one I got back

Any thoughts?

DJI is well known for 'replacing' a drone sent in for repairs with a new or refurbished drone. Depending on what you received from DJI would dictate what happens next.

Replacement drones usually have a warranty from DJI if I understand correctly.

If your replacement drone is in better condition than the one you sent in, I'd do your preflight checks and see how it does. Let us know.......[emoji106]

That is the procedure. My case was bad. Test fly more than you would normally would. My replacement went bad 3 weeks after I got it. The replacement warranty was only good for a month. I contacted them and they told me to try something to make the fix. It seemed to work. 2 weeks later the problem came back. Dji said too bad it's out of warranty. It was irretrievable in a box canyon, with no trails or roads down which made things worse. There were even signs saying , not to try to enter the canyon unless you were a experience climber. I argued for 3 months with DJI. They kept changing rep's on me to tire me out. The place seemed an unorganized mess. I wasn't getting anywhere.

Reactions: Jim Canada
Well, took her up for a short hop. Had to treat her just like a brand new drone—removed all the stickers, registered her, connected her to my account, etc. Took off in beginner mode just to be safe and all seemed to go well. It is very smokey around these parts, so did not want to go too high. I’ll put her through her paces in a few days when things clear up (!) a little bit.

But the bottom line is that it seemed to be just fine and ready for more. Will post any new developments if they occur.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen