Drone Insurance

I just got mine in Indiana for $60/yr to cover my new 4A. They wanted to see the invoice, and also wanted to physically see the drone; so I had to bring it into the office. They asked if I got it on sale, I mentioned they threw in a free battery; so they insured it over the invoice value to $1450.

I can almost guarantee that with all the bad press Drones are getting and more and more people filing claims with State Farm, State Farm will stop covering drones altogether.

I had my quad insured through State Farm yesterday. I called my own insurance company first which is not State Farm and they would have insured it for $18 a year but there was a $500 deductible. I also contacted 2 State Farm agencies. The first one in my town would not insure my quad unless I had my other insurance policies with them. The second State Farm office which is about 20 miles away insured the quad for $60 a year with zero dollars deductible and I do not have any other policies with them. They said the policy covers, fire, theft, damage and fly - aways. This includes any accessories that are attached to the quad or in case of a theft of the entire system, everything would be covered. The only thing they wouldn't cover was my iPad mini even though it is dedicated to the quad. Not a bad deal in my opinion.

The second State Farm office which is about 20 miles away insured the quad for $60 a year with zero dollars deductible and I do not have any other policies with them. They said the policy covers, fire, theft, damage and fly - aways. This includes any accessories that are attached to the quad or in case of a theft of the entire system, everything would be covered.

I got the same story from the SF agent that I contacted in NY last fall, so I signed up. That's the only policy that I have with SF.

I can almost guarantee that with all the bad press Drones are getting and more and more people filing claims with State Farm, State Farm will stop covering drones altogether.

Could be but, until that actually happens, I'm sleeping a whole lot better nights knowing that my Phantom is fully covered with no deductible. Based on testimonies here from people who actually had to submit a claim, I'd call $60/year for that kind of coverage a no-brainer.

I got the same story from the SF agent that I contacted in NY last fall, so I signed up. That's the only policy that I have with SF.

Could be but, until that actually happens, I'm sleeping a whole lot better nights knowing that my Phantom is fully covered with no deductible. Based on testimonies here from people who actually had to submit a claim, I'd call $60/year for that kind of coverage a no-brainer.
Can you provide the contact info for the agent you used in NY? Thanx

Yes. I’ll call him or her and see what they say. The one I called told me they have what I would call ridiculous restrictions. Have to use it on your own property and can’t have a camera. I’m not sure if I MUST use the nearest agent. But that policy would be useless. Thanks.

The one I called told me they have what I would call ridiculous restrictions. Have to use it on your own property and can’t have a camera.

Huh?? Sounds like they don't know what you're asking for. Don't know if you have to be local for them to write a policy but, worst case, he can probably connect you with someone local. Very nice guy, very willing to help. He didn't know they sold drone insurance when I first contacted him, but he made a call, got the details, then said, "Let's do this." I had to provide a photo of the drone, serial#, and copy of the receipt, and a check for $60. Tell him you want a Personal Articles Policy for a drone. Good luck.
Robert Klein (Lino Reale Agency)
585-227-2222

Huh?? Sounds like they don't know what you're asking for. Don't know if you have to be local for them to write a policy but, worst case, he can probably connect you with someone local. Very nice guy, very willing to help. He didn't know they sold drone insurance when I first contacted him, but he made a call, got the details, then said, "Let's do this." I had to provide a photo of the drone, serial#, and copy of the receipt, and a check for $60. Tell him you want a Personal Articles Policy for a drone. Good luck.
585-227-2222
Thank you much. That’s exactly what I asked for when I spoke to the agent near me. She went off the phone and came back stating that the underwriter has been putting those restrictions. I’ll definitely call your guy for a second opinion.

She went off the phone and came back stating that the underwriter has been putting those restrictions.

I honestly don't know about that. Suppose it could be something new cause no restrictions were mentioned last August. I hope that's not the case but, Robert should be able to get you some straight answers. Hope that works out for you.

Restrictions don’t make sense. When I did my policy I even made sure the drone was covered if I had someone else flying it at the time.

585-227-2222
RunningWithScissors should be RunningWithAnswers. ;-)

Finally got around to calling your guy. Advice was spot on! Hooked me up. He thinks he knows who referred me. But I didn’t know your real name. ;)

Finally got around to calling your guy. Advice was spot on! Hooked me up. He thinks he knows who referred me. But I didn’t know your real name.

Glad to hear he was able to get you hooked up. He's not afraid to make a call and get you some answers. Yeah, he probably knows who referred you although I don't get anything out of it other than helping a fellow pilot. That reminds me, I gotta stop by and talk to him about adding my P4 to the policy.

Does anyone have suggestions for MA? There is a SF agent in my state but they aren’t writing new policies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor