Drone Insurance

Reaction score
Insurance has been discussed numerous times but I want to tell of my experience. I insured my drone through State Farm for $41 a year. Accidentally hit the top of a tree and crashed. I called State Farm the next day and told them the gimbal and camera were broke and the frame was cracked. She said she would do some research and call me back. Later that day I got a call back and they asked if I wanted to have them send a check or direct deposit. My experience blows away DJI care by miles.

Insurance has been discussed numerous times but I want to tell of my experience. I insured my drone through State Farm for $41 a year. Accidentally hit the top of a tree and crashed. I called State Farm the next day and told them the gimbal and camera were broke and the frame was cracked. She said she would do some research and call me back. Later that day I got a call back and they asked if I wanted to have them send a check or direct deposit. My experience blows away DJI care by miles.
Yep, but not available in all states. :(

What is your deductible?

What is your deductible?

I have a State Farm Personal Articles policy (assume the same as the OP) on my P4P. I emailed a random agent in my area (I don't use SF for any of my other insurance needs), he responded requesting the SN and receipt for the AC, he wrote the policy for the full purchase price with no deductible. My cost is around $35/year.

I have a State Farm Personal Articles policy (assume the same as the OP) on my P4P. I emailed a random agent in my area (I don't use SF for any of my other insurance needs), he responded requesting the SN and receipt for the AC, he wrote the policy for the full purchase price with no deductible. My cost is around $35/year.
WOW. The US. rates beats the Chinese (DJI) rates by a long shot! By more than $200! Plus better service. I will be checking into that.

Reactions: GooterPhantom4Pro
Mine has no deductible. I already have insurance on the replacement I got.

Anyone know of a company that writes in California? I've been looking for over a year and have only gotten "no" up to this point... SF does not underwrite aircraft in California unfortunately....

Reactions: Speedmeister
I just got my insurance from SF too. No deductible, and a whopping $53 a year. It feels so much more comforting flying knowing a lake, dropped signal or any other issue not will cost me my favorite past time.
Add another to the list of those insured against loss/fly-off's/theft etc... State Farm hooked me up for $60/year which covers both my Phantom 3S AND my Spark for $750 each. I originally had them quote me for $500 value each, which was also $60/year... its a no brainer to add the extra coverage for no increase in premium! This is also a zero-deductable policy, which I truly hope I never need to call upon. Honestly, I'm amazed that State Farm even offers this level of coverage on flying cameras. By comparison, my usual agent with Allstate would only cover for theft, with nothing for accidental loss or fly-aways. Once I found out how cheap insurance really was, Murphy dictated getting it immediately... and as Exit4 implied, it's a much more enjoyable experience flying with coverage. That weird feeling that comes with sudden signal loss is all but gone for me now!

Happy flyin' all, and if you haven't yet, get some loss coverage!!! Otherwise, get ready for a Murphy smack-down...

My Phantom 4 was stolen, did a claim and SF sent me a check, i replaced it with pro 4 and called SF, i am covered till january, but after that they will not renew my pro 4.

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
My Phantom 4 was stolen, did a claim and SF sent me a check, i replaced it with pro 4 and called SF, i am covered till january, but after that they will not renew my pro 4.

Are they not going to cover you at all, or are they simply wanting to write the new AC under a new policy?

Non commercial, yes.

Just signed up myself last week. Original email to an agent turned out to be $60 per year and $250 deductible. I walked into a random and different local office and explained I was interested in the policy if I can get it for no deductible and they got back to me saying that was possible so I signed with them.

Not sure if different agents price differently to get more commission or something for themselves, but shop around if needed.

I know this is an older thread but I just had my P4P+ insured for $49 per year with State Farm. I had called them last week knowing I was getting a new drone for Christmas and they said at the time they did not insure drones. I called again this week and asked about getting the drone insured via personal articles. This was the same guy I talked with last week and he said wait a minute. Came back and said his mistake, back in October there was a new clause that permitted covering drones. He asked about usage-non business, the weight, manned, etc. While we were talking I sent him the invoice from DJI and he looked at that and said they would insure it, no deductible for $49 a year. Cool!!! I do have home and auto with them as well as other items insured but this makes me happy to say the least!! Some comfort when I am out flying!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31