Drone Insurance

Reaction score
I passed my Part 107 and do real estate photography. Recently been considering drone insurance, contacted a few companies and its expensive...of course it is. Received a post card in the mail from a company called Verifly that gives you a hourly quote, looks pretty good and definitely cheap. With that said I realize in the end you get what you pay for. Anyone have any experience with this company? I attached a link.

Verifly – On-demand Drone Insurance

Reactions: Oso
I don't know that I'd list it as a separate line item on the invoice. Insurance is part of the cost of doing business and not an "add-on".

It's your business and you have the final say but I don't think I'd make insurance an optional line item. You could loose everything with one mishap or lawsuit.

I don't know that I'd list it as a separate line item on the invoice. Insurance is part of the cost of doing business and not an "add-on".

It's your business and you have the final say but I don't think I'd make insurance an optional line item. You could loose everything with one mishap or lawsuit.

I had no intentions of an optional line item guess I should have stated that clearer. I was thinking of raising my pricing overall by $20 to cover the insurance part, it's about time for an increase. Thanks for your thoughts.

Reactions: BigAl07
I had no intentions of an optional line item guess I should have stated that clearer. I was thinking of raising my pricing overall by $20 to cover the insurance part, it's about time for an increase. Thanks for your thoughts.

That's exactly what I would do. Build it into the price but also use it as a marketing tool if you use it.

There have recently been a few airport 'incidents' involving inappropriately flown drones (apparently) in Portugal, which has prompted our inept government to rush through some useless drone regulation, including compulsory insurance.
Needless to say, no local insurance companies are ready for this so we are effectively grounded until someone comes up with a suitable policy.
Meanwhile the idiots continue to harass incoming aircraft at Lisbon and Porto airports unabated, knowing the chances of them getting caught are minimal.

The writer of > this article < is rightly cynical of the Portuguese government.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20