drone insurance by the hour

Used Verifly this weekend shooting some video at a 5k.

If you injured a participant or damaged property that was not caused by your drone at this event, would you have then needed another liabilty policy to be covered?

If you injured a participant or damaged property that was not caused by your drone at this event, would you have then needed another liabilty policy to be covered?
Apologies but I'm not sure I'm following your question. Verifly provides 3rd party liability insurance for damage caused by drones. Feel free to email me offline if you'd prefer ([email protected])

That's cool David, I was just thinking about the need for other liabilty insurance besides drone liability when out in the field. Extreme example would be while walking to the take-off site I accidently bump somebody off a cliff who lands on a Mercedes. Quite a bit of liability there while "on the clock" so to speak.

Rick over at Drone Valley has posted a few videos about Verifly that I thought were worth sharing:

Installed the app yesterday. Looks great, and I definitely plan to use when doing commercial flights.

Reactions: David Bercovich
A company I'm talking to is requiring $2 million in coverage. Is that possible with Verifly?
Apparently it will be in the upcoming update. See the Post #50 in this thread
[QUOTE="We've started sharing some details on some of our upcoming features, so I wanted to share the list here:

Higher liability limits: For some jobs or flights, $1,000,000 isn’t enough coverage, so we will be rolling out a $2,500,000 option.

Longer time periods: For many flights, an hour is the perfect amount of time but many of you do full or half-day shoots and want the convenience of buying one insurance policy. So we will soon be offering 4-hour and 8-hour Verifly policies.

Larger areas: We will be offering a new option to purchase coverage over a half-mile radius.

COA Authorization: Whether you have a Part 107, a 333 exemption or permission from a local property owner, we are adding a certification system to the app so that you can get coverage in places where you have authorization to fly.

Certificate of Insurance Membership: Commercial clients often want to see proof of insurance in advance of a job, so we will be offering a certificate that you can share with your clients in advance of buying a Verifly policy on the job-site.

How will these features work for your businesses?[/QUOTE]

Reactions: David Bercovich
wish we have this in AUS would be handy.
Hey Strat
Thinking I should come on a business trip to do some good recon on the market in Australia :)

In all seriousness, we've received lots of interest from Australia and we're definitely keeping track and hope we can expand there before too long.

Cheers.

Reactions: Strat
And, we've now pushed Minnesota live, so we're up to 48 states. Would love to hear from our first customers in Missouri or Minnesota...

Any updates for New York?
Not yet...I wish that we had more of an update. We are hoping it will be soon. We have found with other states that having potential users reviewing the policy Verifly arranges can be helpful in moving things along. The e-mail for NYS DFS is NYSDFS: Email an Insurance Question.

Thanks for your patience...we are as impatient as you are...

Not yet...I wish that we had more of an update. We are hoping it will be soon. We have found with other states that having potential users reviewing the policy Verifly arranges can be helpful in moving things along. The e-mail for NYS DFS is NYSDFS: Email an Insurance Question.

Thanks for your patience...we are as impatient as you are...

Do you think it is just a matter of time, or do you see any possible barriers with NY state insurance regulators? Has there been any other state that has denied thus far?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl