Drone helps with flood rescue, will FAA fine the pilot?

l'm sure the OP doesn't want trouble for the pilot. l'm guessing he's referring to the flooded no fly areas that the FAA notified us about

Reactions: Lefty63
Hope not.

But... any TFRs or NOTAMs in place?

Yes TFR's went up down there pretty much immediately. I'm not sure about the area where this video took place but I'd bet probably so.

That's going to be the issue if any.

But... any TFRs or NOTAMs in place?

Most of the ones that went up early on would have expired today but I noticed this morning they were re-issuing some of them for the area. Still a lot of horrible conditions down there with more flooding due to dams breaking and such.

Here is one that was re-issued this morning and runs for 5 days from today
6/7239 NOTAM Details

l'm sure the OP doesn't want trouble for the pilot. l'm guessing he's referring to the flooded no fly areas that the FAA notified us about

Yes, I hope the pilot gets an award rather than an FAA fine. Like many who registered, I got a warning email to defer from flying to not conflict the airspace with first responders.

Ironically: It looks like there would not be any responder without the pilot of the DJI sUAS in this case! Instead of banning sUAS pilots, the FAA should engage them to be safe but help with search and rescue. Essentially, crowd source search and rescue with the public, and improve rescue results!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20