Drone forces suspension of air operations battling Bear Fire in Santa Cruz Mountains

Reaction score
These are the fools that are going to ruin it for everyone. I know this can be very tempting, just don't do it. Stay out of disaster areas...this means wild fires too.
Drone forces brief suspension of air operations battling Bear Fire in Santa Cruz Mountains

sjm-fire-0927-12.jpg

Last edited:
These jack legs needs to get caught, fined heavily, and then never allowed to own/operate any type of UAS again.

Morons! Shouldn't the penalty for this be attempted murder? (Since these drones, if sucked into an engine, could bring a plane down)

Agree. Also needs to be mandatory jail time included in the fine.

Maybe if they sat in jail for 90 days or so the might have time to think about how stupid they were.

I like that idea but I'd like to see a portion of the jail time include going out and "Working the FIRE". Let them mop the hot spots and climb up n down those hills trying to stay ahead of the fire. That would make a difference... call that a Win-WIN.

They should be dealt with, when caught, the same as the clowns who shine lasers at aircraft. I can see a rollout of a mobile AeroScope type of technology being deployed in areas like this to discourage the fools out there. Over here we are moving into the bushfire season and given our past history, it's going to be another shocker. Absolutely dreading hearing of some [EXPLETIVE REMOVED] getting tangled up with his new toy as helo and tanker operations are suspended whilst trying to save lives and property. As suggested above, grab the miscreants and put them on the front line to see first hand the effort involved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigAl07
Many of our local news stations here in the Northern California Bay Area, made sure they ran with this story all day yesterday making sure people heard about those "illegal drones" .....or should we say.. "someone operating a drone in a temporarily restricted zone". Cant wait until someone approaches me and asks if my drone is legal....get what Im trying to say here?

Just like the way California politicians respond to other crimes... (MORE LEGISLATION to punish the law abiding person), you can bet that someone in Sacramento is already writing up new anti-drone legislation as we speak.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav