Drone for Real Estate photography

It likely depends on your clients. Where I live, one could easily compete with even a DJI Spark.

Remem
Hi Folks
I have a phantom 4 pro. Is it good enough for home video presentations for real estate agents.
Please advise
Thanks
Remember the drone is just a tool. In the hands of the right person the simplest tool can produce amazing results and inversely the most amazing tool in the hands of an amatuer will likely not product viable products.

As @msinger has already stated, in the right hands even the Spark can work.

For the record... YES! I have made $$ for a few years now with Phantom 3's and now Mavics. We even shot video for Disney on one project and for The Travel Channel a couple of times.

The drone is just a tool and up to you to produce a high quality finished product that your client is willing to pay for.

It’s what I use... I’d like to get a I2 Eventually but haven’t found the need except once I could have gone wider than 24mm so the ability to change lenses would be nice.

I’ve had to fly into the trees to get full frontal pics of houses...

Reactions: Adamborz
@Adamborz I have an I2 I'll sell you :)
@NAMAPA Of the 5 drones I own my P4P is my goto for real estate.

Haha, my only hang up is that the mega pixels are just about the same. My clients mostly want pictures even though I make them nice short videos they seldom use them.

I’m just starting out (work another full-time job) and am just happy to be breaking into the business.

Remem

Remember the drone is just a tool. In the hands of the right person the simplest tool can produce amazing results and inversely the most amazing tool in the hands of an amatuer will likely not product viable products.

As @msinger has already stated, in the right hands even the Spark can work.

For the record... YES! I have made $$ for a few years now with Phantom 3's and now Mavics. We even shot video for Disney on one project and for The Travel Channel a couple of times.

The drone is just a tool and up to you to produce a high quality finished product that your client is willing to pay for.

Hi thanks for the feedback.
Can you maybe also enlighten me on best software to use for post production and any other info would be great. Btw I use Mac computers.
Cheers

Hi thanks for the feedback.
Can you maybe also enlighten me on best software to use for post production and any other info would be great. Btw I use Mac computers.
Cheers

I shoot most everything in HDR (3 shot or 5 shot depending on what it is) and then do the rest in my office as opposed to letting the aircraft (depending on which version you have) do the combining.

As far as software, I'm a Windows guy and I honestly don't have a clue what to suggest.

I shoot most everything in HDR (3 shot of 5 shot depending on what it is) and then do the rest in my office as opposed to letting the aircraft (depending on which version you have) do the combining.

As far as software, I'm a Windows guy and I honestly don't have a clue what to suggest.

Thanks again but I’m really new to the real estate side of things. I know what HDR is but what does the rest mean. ??
Thanks

Thanks again but I’m really new to the real estate side of things. I know what HDR is but what does the rest mean. ??
Thanks

HDR
An HDR image is commonly made by taking three photos of the same scene, each at different shutter speeds. The result is a bright, medium, and dark photo, based on the amount of light that got through the lens. A software process then combines all the photos to bring details to the shadows and highlights both.

So a 3-shot HDR takes 3 images of different "exposure" and then we combine them into a single HDR image. 5-shot simply uses more shots and thus a wider range of exposures.

Newer DJI aircraft offer you the option of HDR inside the camera. The camera still shoots 3 images but they are combined inside the system and a single HDR processed image it saved on your SD card. I personally prefer to do the combining so I can TWEAK the photos as I'm going to give the best possible (IMHO) finished product.

Hope that helps some :)

HDR
An HDR image is commonly made by taking three photos of the same scene, each at different shutter speeds. The result is a bright, medium, and dark photo, based on the amount of light that got through the lens. A software process then combines all the photos to bring details to the shadows and highlights both.

So a 3-shot HDR takes 3 images of different "exposure" and then we combine them into a single HDR image. 5-shot simply uses more shots and thus a wider range of exposures.

Newer DJI aircraft offer you the option of HDR inside the camera. The camera still shoots 3 images but they are combined inside the system and a single HDR processed image it saved on your SD card. I personally prefer to do the combining so I can TWEAK the photos as I'm going to give the best possible (IMHO) finished product.

Hope that helps some :)

Thanks again.
Happy flying[emoji41]

Reactions: BigAl07
Pretty fine HDR can be done from one photo too, but the one must be of correct quality and well balanced with no burnout pixels.

Pretty fine HDR can be done from one photo too, but the one must be of correct quality and well balanced with no burnout pixels.

I know what this term is in reference to an electronic viewing device (TV, smartphone etc) but I can honestly say I'm clueless what this is when it comes to still photography. Always learning :)

High Dynamic Range- as in a wider range of detail in highlights and shadows than a single exposure can achieve.

Also- in Camera HDR only results in a JPG final.
If you want to do it right , shoot RAW and do the HDR in Photoshop, Lightroom, or whatever software you use for photo processing.

High Dynamic Range- as in a wider range of detail in highlights and shadows than a single exposure can achieve.

Also- in Camera HDR only results in a JPG final.
If you want to do it right , shoot RAW and do the HDR in Photoshop, Lightroom, or whatever software you use for photo processing.

[emoji1303][emoji41]

Completely agree. First step should be RAW photo, then Photoshop.
And you in general can get more sharp image from one shot than from 3 or 5 which is logical.
But I'm not saying that one shot is better than 3 shots. I just say that could be pretty much equal. Of course I'm talking about still photography. In web pictures things are pretty much easier as the quality is substantially decreased.

Reactions: BigAl07
All the answers above are helpful and there's plenty of range with DJI in smaller form factors...but yes, to be short - the P4P will be great for what you need or possibly overkill depending in your clientelle.

RoOSTA

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers