Drone Fishing

First attempt and first catch - 3 inch fish;). Not a best place to fish but i was too anxious to try...
Attached video is done on tablet in hotel in a hurry so sorry for not the best quality.
Rgds to Australia and Canada

Amazing video, The beach is beautiful, A bit too much exposure, If you turn the dial abit you will be able to see the fish, The water is clear
You are right and there is ND8 filter though. Local fish prefer more shrimp than squid :D

Update of the final version
1.jpg
1464919278009.jpg

Last edited:
I love gadgets and this looks great.. but I can't help thinking the bent wire way of dropping the line is simpler.
Excellent job though - I wish my skills were at your level and not at the bent wire level.

I love gadgets and this looks great.. but I can't help thinking the bent wire way of dropping the line is simpler.
Excellent job though - I wish my skills were at your level and not at the bent wire level.
I'm the same
Great work but simple is better for me
Hopefully it will stop raining tomorrow and I'll actually catch something!

I love fishing but am absolutely rubbish. I've caught 2 fish in my life. The biggest one was the size of a gold fish. I ate it as it had been 30 years since my last catch.
I'm the jonah of fishing.
I went out on a commercial, tourist boat for a morning. Nobody caught anything - the skipper said it had never happened before.
I kayak fish and shore fish - nothing.
I went surf fishing with a mate. He caught fish, I didn't . We swapped places. He caught more, I didn't. We swapped rods, he caught yet more and I caught nothing.
I'm looking forward to seeing what happens using a drone. What can go wrong?

Funny
10 years ago I was thinking like what you do now

I never get a single fish everywhere I go and everyone else gets plenty, one thing I learned fishing need patience and be positive and don't give up, I eventually end up getting big fish, smallest I got is around 1.5kg

Pre plan your fishing trip
Try Google what type of fish is there before you go and what would be the best bait, read some books while you fishing if you feel bored

Using your drone for fishing if you have a safe payload release there is nothing to be worried but just watch your line so it's not too loose and get tangled with the props

Try it in open field few times and once you're confident you can bring it over the water.

All the best

Reactions: Vasekp
Funny
10 years ago I was thinking like what you do now

I never get a single fish everywhere I go and everyone else gets plenty, one thing I learned fishing need patience and be positive and don't give up, I eventually end up getting big fish, smallest I got is around 1.5kg

Pre plan your fishing trip
Try Google what type of fish is there before you go and what would be the best bait, read some books while you fishing if you feel bored

Using your drone for fishing if you have a safe payload release there is nothing to be worried but just watch your line so it's not too loose and get tangled with the props

Try it in open field few times and once you're confident you can bring it over the water.

All the best
Fishing is great, helps you clear the mind. We say here the time you spent by fishing does not count in your lifetime.. Fishing is not shopping sometimes you are lucky sometimes not. As a boy catching 2 inch fish in small creek never thought to get once great sailfish, hammerhead or mako shark.
Could you post some photo taken upside down? Thanks

Reactions: Phill2
Fishing is great, helps you clear the mind. We say here the time you spent by fishing does not count in your lifetime.. Fishing is not shopping sometimes you are lucky sometimes not. As a boy catching 2 inch fish in small creek never thought to get once great sailfish, hammerhead or mako shark.
Could you post some photo taken upside down? Thanks

Which photo?

Funny I made the holder in same shape for both side that's why it looks ugly
Should have done 2nd one the opposite way...for now as long it hold strong will do I guess spent hours on design

View attachment 55904
Found this 9mm cable clip holds firm and flexible. Might be worth to clip the mechanism to bottom and rear somehow like the cam cover
IMG_4270.JPG

Understand, the p4 has no option to switch vps off or?
Go to pickup new brace done on 3d printer send photo asap

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj