Drone Fishing

Yes, it holds as long you fly fwd and then U turn above spot you want to drop. The paperclip/foam version works good too. At the beginning i tried to put the brace upside but the camera wont have space enough - or - the load is not in center of gravity. The brace is cable clip for $0,60.
Tested yesterday on a meadow nearby dropped within 1,5m accuracy found was slightly better to open the reel than to set the drag to minimum.

Attachments

• IMG_4147.JPG
    IMG_4147.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 443
Yes, it holds as long you fly fwd and then U turn above spot you want to drop. The paperclip/foam version works good too. At the beginning i tried to put the brace upside but the camera wont have space enough - or - the load is not in center of gravity. The brace is cable clip for $0,60.
Tested yesterday on a meadow nearby dropped within 1,5m accuracy found was slightly better to open the reel than to set the drag to minimum.
I have too much line on the reel to release the bale.
If I do the line just springs off.

I know I tested it on my small rod for creek fishing. Still the Phantom has enough power to pull if you let the brake to min.Go finally fishing next week. Put two extra layers of PCB transparent paint to the copper wire it would stay better in salty enviroment.

Just finished my latest
Offset it a little to avoid the camera
16" of 1/16" brass rod and a little bit of solder.
The soldered bracing is just to stop it springing up when weight released
Doesn't obstruct the landing gear or camera and gives the gimbal protection in case of a rough landing.
Doesn't register on kitchen scales so I don't know what it weighs

Just finished my latest
Offset it a little to avoid the camera
16" of 1/16" brass rod and a little bit of solder.
The soldered bracing is just to stop it springing up when weight released
Doesn't obstruct the landing gear or camera and gives the gimbal protection in case of a rough landing.
Doesn't register on kitchen scales so I don't know what it weighs

Well done, looks tiny but firm. No obstacles to take off/land. BTW how far you need to "cast"?

I wonder if you could use one of the back buttons to open the servo?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I guess you have to solder wires to the board?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

No you don't need to
The drop mechanism I'm working on you need to stick a sensor on the front LED light and when you turn the lights on the servo release the mechanism

You can assign the back button to turn on or off the LED lights

No need to open the bird or unscrew any part of the phantom

Last edited:
Reactions: rbreban
This is an amazing feed. I already lost one drone using it Fishing bought another one a day later this is going to lead to so many new possibilities. I'll be filming tuna in the next few months can't wait to get some of this footage.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl