Drone down

Reaction score
Well I am now part of the OPs that have crashed and no longer an OP that hasn't crashed yet. Long story but a river was involved and I can't afford to replace my P3P. Thanks to all of you who helped me and others. DON'T update your firmware if you don't have to. Happy flying.

Droner

Never good to read.

Well I am now part of the OPs that have crashed and no longer an OP that hasn't crashed yet. Long story but a river was involved and I can't afford to replace my P3P. Thanks to all of you who helped me and others. DON'T update your firmware if you don't have to. Happy flying.
Sorry to hear about your crash.

What makes you think that it was caused by the updating the firmware?

Sorry about that. It happens. So do you already know what the issue was? Or is it worth mentioning.

Reactions: neven
Was flying fine before the upgrade. Afterwards the bird started drifting more than normal so DJI said to do an IMU calibration. This was my first real flight after the update. Everytime I would try and record video both the Go app & Lichi would crash. Tried on my Lenovo 4 and what I have been using...my S8 +. Don't know what else it could have been. IMU calibration was successful.

Don't know what else it could have been.
There is really only one way to find out, and this is entirely up to you. You can upload the flight logs from the flight and we can take a look and see what the issue may have been. If you wish to do so, see the link below, it has instructions if you not not familiar with this. If you do decide to do this, place a link back here to the uploaded file, if you want other inputs. Again, I know it's a loss at present, but ,maybe these files will tell you more, if you even want to know.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - Phantom Help

Thanks Dawg. I tried but I can't see today's log on my phone. Weird because I can see earlier ones but not one with today's date. Is there one on the controller or just the bird?

They are in the phone or Tablet what ever you were using at the deadly time of the crash !

This is weird. The last Litchi & Go logs are from the 24th? I don't understand why.

upload_2018-7-28_19-45-33.png

Nmd. Found an old conversation on it.
Best way to dry it out anyone?
Shake all the water out and then use a hair dryer. After that I took mine apart and put the pieces in a dehydrator. A fan is a good alternative. You can still bring it back to life. I had a P3 and it is built like a tank. I put it underwater 3 x and it still flys. Don't give up. The battery was shot though.

It happened to mine right after an undated firmware. It had a huge video lag and I didn't know it then. It flew into a tree and fell into the water. Of course DJI claims no responsibility. They knew of the problem and told me to reboot the app. That cleared up the problem . Good luck.

I have it in a large bag with rice atm. I'll take the lid off tomorrow. Was weird that both the Go app and Litchi crashed and on two different known good devices. I was able to get the files off my tablet but not my phone and that's the one I was using when it went down. Think it's safe to check the sd card to see if it was recording?

Thanks Dawg. I tried but I can't see today's log on my phone. Weird because I can see earlier ones but not one with today's date. Is there one on the controller or just the bird?
The way you described the incident on another forum, your app crashed before the incident so I wouldn't expect the log to provide much of any use and previous logs wan't tell much either.
Losing the app doesn't cause the Phantom to fly anywhere.
That leaves joystick control input or drifting on the wind (if in atti mode) as possible causes for the movement toward the tree.
How high above the water was the Phantom?
Do you know what flight mode the Phantom was in at the time?

Reactions: RodPad
It was in P mode Meta. It was about 15-20 feet. The dropbox has a very short video of my kids in the river. That is where the app crashed I believe just before the bird hit a branch and went down. I'm not blaming the app for the crash. I'm just trying to find out why after the update both Go & Lichi are crashing. I take full blame for the crash. I'm not sure why the log is not on my phone.

I took the top body off and am trying to dry it out. It's amazing how little water got in. I have a fast 12 year old. Hopefully I can get the log off the bird.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94