Drone Camera gimbal did not do a pre-self check

Reaction score
Hi,
I didn't use a drone for few months and then i turn it on so update did start. And i don't know what happened but now the drone is beeping and flashing yellow lights. I can not access camera on the app. Its says aircraft disconnected then it says its connected and back and forth. From what I am seeing it doesn't want to update aircraft because its beeps 8 times and shuts itself off for like a second then back on and cycle keep going. I tried to use SD car to update different older versions of software as well be didn't work. I talked to DJI support they told me to bring it to service. Well I am in Canada Ontario and closest DJI service is in British Columbia so that's not an option I am hoping maybe someone on this forum have any idea what it could be or how to fix it. I spent so much time searching for problems like this but it seems nobody had a problem like it. I will attach videos.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Your aircraft status says gimbal disconnected. Check the the connectors from the gimbal to the AC and maybe carefully unplug them and plug them back in.

Isn't it true.....that the small ribbon wire for the gimbal assembly.......can only with stand a 2 or 3 pull outs and re installs... cause the the copper male tabs are quite thin and delicate ?

Hope what 3rdof5 told you to do....gets you back in fine shape...let US all know IF it did....maybe we can recommend something else
If it don't.

Here's a light chart,try turn wifi on last,if don't change delete and reinstall app
Screenshot_20180802-202600.jpg

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Your aircraft status says gimbal disconnected. Check the the connectors from the gimbal to the AC and maybe carefully unplug them and plug them back in.

I just tried it and it didn't help. Also if I didn't mention it I can fly the drone just without live feed from camera. what I believe happened is when update was started it delete some of old file and now drone doesn't know what to do. I will add a part of log file as well maybe that will help.

Here's a light chart,try turn wifi on last,if don't change delete and reinstall appView attachment 104399

None of those error light match my aircraft. It beeps 8 times flashes yellow light at the back and solid red at front after 8 beeps its one flash of all light and cycle repeats.

o-con disconnect======
Packet: [00014224]========== remo-con disconnect. boot(15) ============
[00014283]Packet [C:\P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin] detected, card sn [0x196510ee].
[00014340]Packet upgrade start...

[00014392]Packet checking...
[00014455]Packet vlink 01.09.0200 <-> 00.00.0000.
[00014509]Record vlink 01.08.0100 <-> 01.07.0090 (flow = 0).
[00014558]Done.

[00014615]Version checking[1]...
[00027166][04 00][00] device not detected.
[00039731][11 00][00] device not detected.
[00052286][11 01][00] device not detected.
[00052342][01 00][00] v1.14.4920 -> v1.14.4920
[00052392][01 01][00] v1.14.4920 -> v1.14.4920
[00064959][03 05][00] device not detected.
[00077506][03 06][00] device not detected.
[00090054][07 00][00] device not detected.
[00102601][09 00][00] device not detected.
[00115151][12 00][00] device not detected.
[00127717][12 01][00] device not detected.
[00140269][12 02][00] device not detected.
[00152814][12 03][00] device not detected.
[00152860]Packet upgrade failed at version checking.

Also controller light its changing from green to red all the time.

I looked at the manual for the P3S for the light charts for both the AC and RC. The standard doesnt even show a red/green alternating pattern for the RC light. And for all models of the P3 the blinking of all 3 colors on the rear arms (red, yellow, green, repeat) simply means it's in start up mode and self diagnostic. So im not sure what the issue is. And clearly you have a lot of devices not detected.

I've looked for info on what the 8 beeps mean and so far i havent found anything useful other than the beeping is the ESC board telling us info. Your AC certainly has some odd issues. I don't know what to suggest!

that's what DJI support respond to me was

"Sorry for the troubles you are experiencing with your DJI product and thank you for the videos you provided, this was really helpful. We were able to see that there is a problem with the gimbal and the connection between the remote and the aircraft. The gimbal did not do a pre-self check after you turned on the aircraft. This may be caused by either a software or a hardware issue. This is usually resolved by a firmware update, the same with the remote and the aircraft issue which you already did but it failed. Although a hardware issue is beyond this. We apologize if the troubleshooting did not work. The next step we need to do is sending your drone in for repair."

I don't know what to do so I guess I will have to send it to DJI I am just hoping they wont charge me more then the drone is worth.

Sounds like that's your only option at this point. Sorry to hear.

that's what DJI support respond to me was

"Sorry for the troubles you are experiencing with your DJI product and thank you for the videos you provided, this was really helpful. We were able to see that there is a problem with the gimbal and the connection between the remote and the aircraft. The gimbal did not do a pre-self check after you turned on the aircraft. This may be caused by either a software or a hardware issue. This is usually resolved by a firmware update, the same with the remote and the aircraft issue which you already did but it failed. Although a hardware issue is beyond this. We apologize if the troubleshooting did not work. The next step we need to do is sending your drone in for repair."

I don't know what to do so I guess I will have to send it to DJI I am just hoping they wont charge me more then the drone is worth.
Did you try delete and reinstall of app,,,yes there is a few strange light patterns appearing across the board,and not just the p3 range,,,this is definitely one area dji needs to pull finger and sort out,,sometimes reinstall of app can iron out these glitches that why I say,sometimes makes things work,,,I hope you can fix instead of sending away ,that sux,,good luck

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Did you try delete and reinstall of app,,,yes there is a few strange light patterns appearing across the board,and not just the p3 range,,,this is definitely one area dji needs to pull finger and sort out,,sometimes reinstall of app can iron out these glitches that why I say,sometimes makes things work,,,I hope you can fix instead of sending away ,that sux,,good luck

Yes I did that as well and didn't help at all. The only way to stop it from doing 8 beeps and restart is to hold the linking button and turn on aircraft while holding it but it still does not do update from SD or connect to controller.

This may seem like a stupid question but are you absolutely certain that is the remote that came with your P3S?

The reasons I ask are:
1 you say the RC light is alternating flashing red/green. This is not a pattern the P3S is supposed to have according the led chart i checked.

2 you say by holding the linking button on the AC on power on the beeping goes away. Which also indicates a linking problem which would exist if thats the wrong RC.

Yes 100% that’s a right RC I only have one drone. I did tho install the range extender antennas on it. Maybe that’s the problem I will take off and put old (original) antenna in place and see. Anyways I bought a shopping label from DJI so I will ship it on Monday. Unless I can fix it before.

So DJI service wants me to pay 353$ to replace gimbal unfortunately I don’t think it’s worth it because I paid for drone 400$ so I am telling them to send it back.

Sebazios I am having a similar switching red then green light on my P3S. In know the gimbal is broken on mine. I'm thinking that somehow the electronics board for the gimbal is causing this issue. I can fly mine line of sight fine for about 100 yards only. You may only need to replace the gimbal board not the entire gimbal. I will keep you informed on my progress. Did you have any water get on the aircraft, or broken gimbal flat cable?

No I never had any accident with aircraft and never had any water on it. It was not used for few months and then when I turned it on update started and that’s it. Doesn’t work anyone I mean it flies but it does not give life video and gimbal doesn’t move at all. I will try to find cheap gimbal board or gimbal and try to replace it hope it helps.

Reactions: 3rdof5
How far line of sight in a field would it go? Mine hits an imaginary wall and won't continue farther than about 100yards. Sometimes then doing a RTH. I have tried it both with my gimbal board attached an detached. Same results, but my gimbal is broken and appears to have shorted on the flat cable from a previous owner.
I posted this earlier before stumbling upon your post.
Radio light 10 seconds green then 10 seconds red.

I didn’t try to fly far because I don’t know if RTH will activate if I lost signal. Once I get it back from DJI I will try and let you know
There are ways to repair it yourself but they are not for the inexperienced with electronics. They may be some members here with a spare working board for sale. Good luck :)

Reactions: sebazios

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic