Driving to the left and always bad satellite coverage

Reaction score
Hi there!

I have a few problems with my Phantom.

1) Phantom always driving to the left. There are only talking about one meter every 4-5 seconds, but some times we are talking about one meter every 2 seconds.

It has been exposed for a few mishaps, but not very big.
I have tried to calibrate the IMU, but it does not help.

Could this have something with satellite coverage to do?

2) I always get three red flashes (less than 5 satellites) wherever I fly or when I fly.

I'm located in Norway and the coverage will not be as bad, and others from contact with 6 or more.

Anything I can do to get better satellite coverage?

Hope someone can help me with this before the Phantom goes out of the window! :x :x

Happened to mine as well after a crash, but an advanced recalibration fixed it.

However, it also happens at the beginning of a flight, when I don't wait for full GPS coverage.

Since you don't seem to have good gps coverage that's probably the problem. But afaik, it should drift with the wind, not necessarily to the left.

If advanced recalibration doesnt work, the initial compass calibration is probably also worth a shot.
(I'm also in Norway, and don't have any gps problems.)

/Eik

VegardMAas said:
Hi there!

I have a few problems with my Phantom.

1) Phantom always driving to the left. There are only talking about one meter every 4-5 seconds, but some times we are talking about one meter every 2 seconds.

It has been exposed for a few mishaps, but not very big.
I have tried to calibrate the IMU, but it does not help.

Could this have something with satellite coverage to do?

2) I always get three red flashes (less than 5 satellites) wherever I fly or when I fly.

I'm located in Norway and the coverage will not be as bad, and others from contact with 6 or more.

Anything I can do to get better satellite coverage?

Hope someone can help me with this before the Phantom goes out of the window! :x :x

you can also re-calibrate the transmitter. instructions are in section A5 Transmitter Calibration of the advance manual

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl