Drifting indoors ?

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed drifting indoors when flying ? I have to correct it , doesn't stay in place , outdoors stays in place . Is there a calabration or setting that has to be done?

Yes. Mine does not position hold indoors. It doesn't make a difference if the vps is on or off. I fly in my shop that is 33'x40'x14' ceilings with indoor/outdoor low cut carpet on a concrete slab.

Yes. Mine does not position hold indoors. It doesn't make a difference if the vps is on or off. I fly in my shop that is 33'x40'x14' ceilings with indoor/outdoor low cut carpet on a concrete slab.
Perhaps it's getting a partial sat lock?

Mine is exactly same. I flied in my warehouse today. Floor is concrete. It doesn't hover in place and drift continuously.

Am I supposed to fly in atti indoors?
There's a mode that disables GPS, but maintains VPS. Can't remember which mode exactly, but I think that's what you're supposed to use when indoors. Haven't tried or researched, but my guess is dropping in and out of sat lock may confuse VPS?

Mine is exactly same. I flied in my warehouse today. Floor is concrete. It doesn't hover in place and drift continuously.
Concrete is probably a no-no, especially if there are bright/dark patches, since that would mess w/ the V part of the VPS. Sonar may also have issues if its really porrous, or really slick. That + intermittent sat lock might be an issue. Just throwing out ideas here since I've never flown indoors.

Reactions: Buzz313th
Concrete is probably a no-no, especially if there are bright/dark patches, since that would mess w/ the V part of the VPS. Sonar may also have issues if its really porrous, or really slick. That + intermittent sat lock might be an issue. Just throwing out ideas here since I've never flown indoors.

More specifically, you need contrast on the floor. A monochrome floor will not work well as the camera cannot distinguish one spot from another. The manual lists several surfaces that may not be the best for the VPS.

Chris

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic