Dreaded lost drone post **FOUND**

Looking at this, it show that the drone could have landed in the river. (which I’m hoping not for ur stake) it shows that it could have, on the field side.
This is very doubtful in this scenario. All the data points to a "smoothly running" ( Although the programmed altitudes are questionable) Litchi mission. At the last data point available, there was plenty of battery power to continue on, and the Phantom would simply continue on with the mission upon signal loss, hence no RTH or Auto Land in this case would take precedent. The only logical speculation would be, due to the low altitude, that the Phantom did not clear the tree's on the return path from Waypoint 15. What you are seeing is the last data point which is at the bend of the creek. The Waypoints from Waypoint 12 to 15 are clear for the low altitude flight. This does not indicate anything other than loss of signal.

Can you circle where you think it might be? Does it matter that when I tried to run the final steps of the mission, it was above the banks of the creek?

I am sorry, that I don’t know how to do that. Really.
What I did do, I was on sar104 message, #12, and click on his (dji flight viewer phantomhelp.com) to bring it out. And made the map itself bigger, so I can see the end point of the flight path. Which is the end of the red line. Now, I personally do not know how reliable it is.

Can you circle where you think it might be? Does it matter that when I tried to run the final steps of the mission, it was above the banks of the creek?

Yes, it could quite possible. Not so sure. Only finding the drone will tell you.

FOUND!! It was in the first tree line. Upside down and would had been covered in snow. Unfortunately it was in several pieces but I think I should be able to repair it. Please check out the pics and let me know.

Next step is to get the video uploaded. It is an MP4 file and will not play (says it is corrupted). If someone wants to try and open it I can share a link.

Thanks again for all your help!
f2849fdbf9acec8fa6a161f0c5b05646.jpg
7319b5790e6e606b0deb8186edc668de.jpg

Reactions: charlieb4
As was suspected, good you found it! Great Job! The video file is probably corrupted because the drone lost power before completing the write to the file.

Reactions: Oso and Wahoo_Ace
So happy that u found the drone. Hurt to see the drone took a hard hit. Getting the top and bottom half’s is no problem. I’m not sure, where’s the best place to repair the gimbal.

So happy that u found the drone. Hurt to see the drone took a hard hit. Getting the top and bottom half’s is no problem. I’m not sure, where’s the best place to repair the gimbal.

I'm thinking I could just buy a new gimbal arm and ribbons....

Any way to view the file? I've tried converting via VLC player
Probably not since the file was not completely written to the card, before the power loss. That's why it is corrupted.

I really felt weak in the knees as I was progressed through your story, and the excellent responses from the experts.

Very sad to see the extent of damage given the 'tree-strike' above snow, but happy for you I guess that it was not claimed by Salt Creek.

Surprised also that signal issues occurred at about the 1 mile distance level. Wondering if the snow in the trees might have contributed?

Either way best wishes for the repair & rehabilitation stages of the operations.

Reactions: Wahoo_Ace
I really felt weak in the knees as I was progressed through your story, and the excellent responses from the experts.

Very sad to see the extent of damage given the 'tree-strike' above snow, but happy for you I guess that it was not claimed by Salt Creek.

Surprised also that signal issues occurred at about the 1 mile distance level. Wondering if the snow in the trees might have contributed?

Either way best wishes for the repair & rehabilitation stages of the operations.

The flight was very low and, even without taking the trees into account, the line of sight to the aircraft from the home point was marginal, as shown by the viewshed computation from the last recorded point:

screenshot107.jpg

There are several ways to fix uncompleted video files. If you want to post it via Dropbox I can probably make it playable.
I was able to put it back in the drone, power it on then off, and then removed the SD card. That worked! Will upload the footage tomorrow! It is great! I only needed 10 MORE FEET!!!

I was able to put it back in the drone, power it on then off, and then removed the SD card. That worked! Will upload the footage tomorrow! It is great! I only needed 10 MORE FEET!!!

Right - that generally works too if the drone will power up.

Reactions: Oso

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair