'Draw' Flight Mode missing?

Reaction score
Looking at the Intelligent Flight Modes in DJI GO 4, they all seem to be there... except Draw Mode(?)

The unit is on the ground and idle, and all the other modes show up and if I select them I naturally see 'Cannot use this function without taking off.' But there is no icon or selection for Draw mode, it seems to be missing?

Last edited:
The P4P has it too.

Reactions: tml4191
Draw mode should also be available on the P4P. Could be that you have to be airborne, but you also have to be for all the other intelligent flight modes but they all show up in the list of icons. The manual doesn't list any special restrictions.

Several people have flown their P4P at this point... can anyone confirm whether draw mode is available, or at least that you see the icon?

...Could be that you have to be airborne...The manual doesn't list any special restrictions.
Other than being airborne. No "could be" about it. The manual, page 24 (as mentioned above) says:

1. Take off and hover at least 6 feet...
2. Launch the DJI Go 4 app and tap [the icon that looks like the RC], then tap [the weird little square arrow icon].
3. Draw a line...

Why not just follow the directions and see if it appears?

Last edited:
Because it is raining like a SOB for one thing, but thanks for the suggestion.
Ha. Well, that would certainly prevent trying it! Here's to hoping you get some clear and sunny days soon! Send that rain our direction. We could use it!

I DO find it interesting that it says to take off BEFORE opening DJI Go. Never seen that before.

Draw is there. Look at this video @ 30 seconds. 2nd icon from left. once you are in the air it shows up. Ive actually my iPad crash on me when I've drawn too complex a shape.. :mad:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: smiller
I don't know what I am doing wrong, but neither draw mode nor tripod mode icons appear under the Intelligent Flight Modes menu (however all the other modes are present.) This is with the aircraft sitting in a stable hover, P mode, everything green. This is with a P4P+ with I believe current firmware and DJI GO software. There was one firmware update that loaded successfully when I first registered, and DJI GO 4 appears to be current, and if I try to update I get the message 'no latest version detected', so as far as I can tell I am completely current.

???

Last edited:
Mystery solved... even though the controller was reporting that firmware was current, connecting to DJI Assistant revealed that it in fact was not. After the update I now have Draw and Tripod mode.

I was under the impression that as of recently you could update entirely through the app and DJI Assistant was no longer strictly required, but I guess not. It would also be nice that if the DJI GO reports 'Latest firmware' the indication would actually be correct. o_O

One possible explanation, as I mentioned a firmware update occurred when I registered the unit on initial power up and it's possible that the update failed even though it was reported as successful, and the controller was thus out of sync.

Anyway, all good now.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers