Download update conflict

Reaction score
Last week I attempted to update my machine . I have Assistant 3.0 and Assistant 3.2 on my Laptop . I somehow juggled the two and produced havoc and I am experiencing some really poor flying characteristics now that I errantly downloaded conflicting updates. Old updates normally get overwritten but apparently not . The Machine will launch but drifts way too much and is constantly loses elevation . poor locking and not really flyable on GPS or Att.
Please advise a remedy if possible.
Kind regards
Dave

Run the Phantom Assistant software and do an advanced IMU calibration, making sure that the Phantom is on a flat, level surface. Then take it outside and do a compass calibration. That should sort out your problems.

Well I did an advanced IMC calibration and even a stick cali just for sure and no change in this Bucking Bronco. Interesting though half way through the IMC cali the program suggested that the unit was too hot for a efficient calibration and a cool down for 5mins would do ,the machine was dead cold??? I went ahead with directions and it reported the same as before. I continued regardless. Is this machine confused as I .
Best.
Dave

Dronepup said:
Interesting though half way through the IMC cali the program suggested that the unit was too hot for a efficient calibration and a cool down for 5mins would do ,the machine was dead cold???

Nope. It's a known bug in the calibration process. It typically means absolutely nothing... and you simply choose to ignore the warning and proceed with the calibration.
It's unfortunate... this bug has been present for quite a while. Why it hasn't been patched yet, I don't know. Guess it's just a low priority for DJI.

Sure I guess if it means nothing , cool then. So if my Calibration is all Tickty -boo could you please advise on why is my machine acting so erratically post update?
Thank you.
All comments welcome!

What were the displayed numbers after doing full IMU? Could you screen shot and post here? It might identify some erratic numbers that force degaussing compass.

Watch this video and see if your numbers outside the listed ranges. Degaussing is last resort, so don't do it unless it really needs to be done.

DJI Phantom Resetting the Compass of the DJI Phan…: http://youtu.be/kCT1rRE_UIg

Maybe try running Phantom Assistant 3.2 go to updates page and click on the red highlighted firmware. "Your Current Firmware" this should force a firmware upgrade again. Possibly the upgrade did not install correctly? Just spit balling at this time.

We may be losing, but never beaten. Next step gains. What are they currently at? I have used Ianwoods recommended for a good start baseline then adjust slightly from there. Basic 125 / 125 / 125 / 200
ATTI 220 / 220

Yes IMU numbers bounce even on table. Full IMU should tighten up your totals on right columns of each.

I can not think in my head what your talking about channel monitor and U, your referring too. I will take a screen shot of my numbers when I get home.

Move your Basic gains up gradually and test. Increments of 5 or 10. If it gets really twitchy back it down slightly. Basic gains are dictating how quickly your quad responds to wind and other environmental variables.

ATTI gains are basically response to controller command. Lower gains equal softer spongier response. Higher has quick response to stick commands.

I have combed through every tab and page of my Assistant Software (3.2) and I see nothing of channel monitor and U values? Are we running different software?

I have posted screen shot of my IMU figures prior to IMU calibration, post calibration and current gains. Before IMU calibration my gyroscope MOD# was bouncing from .6 up to 1.8, after calibration bounces between 0 and .3. (This was what I was talking about tightening up. )

My acceleration has always been around 1. My Compass bounces some but stays around 1600-1700 (rough estimate)

Remember Gains are specific to each Quad and need to be adjusted for them individually based on payload, etc.

Attachments

• Capturecurrentgains.PNG
    Capturecurrentgains.PNG
    61.3 KB · Views: 235
  • CaptureafterIMU.PNG
    CaptureafterIMU.PNG
    72.7 KB · Views: 309
  • CapturePreIMU.PNG
    CapturePreIMU.PNG
    73.8 KB · Views: 298
Might try to reflash the latest firmware. It helped for my Phantom once.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl