Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

im trying to just go from 1.9 to 1.8 on a new bird i got, i'm seeing this alot:

[00000668][01 00] Firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff).

this camera has a broken off gimbal .. but figured the mainboard should still be able to flash the bird. Thoughts? its not creating the main fw log in the root directory.
I saw a lot of logs (P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt or P3S_FW_LOG_AB.txt) where downgrading using debug file was made
and they all have one common thing:
downgrading is done in two steps
in first, firmware of [01 00] is updated
then the FW bin file is reread again and FW of the rest of modules is updated

so I believe that [01 00] is doing all the upgrading and downgrading - at first it updates itself and then (with new FW) it updates the rest of the modules

conclusion for you is, that if you have some problem with [01 00], I am afraid you won't be able to downgrade (and maybe even to upgrade)

When i triend to use your gimbal with a new ribbon cable everything but the sdcard and upgrade process would work. When i tried to put your gimbal arm on my gimbal board it would freak out. I wodert if some of the fw is installed on the gimbal arm.

Reactions: Digdat0
No luck. Tried 3 different sd cards, a couple of times each. Used the files that are on page 2.
I have GO 2.9.1. How important is it to use 2.4.2?
Thanks.

I can confirm that the P3X_FW_DEBUG method worked for me. I successfully rolled back 1.10.90 to 1.9.60.

My drone is now able to fly again!

Thank you to everyone who worked on this fix. No thanks to DJI, who haven't even tried.

Reactions: Digdat0 and Varming
you dont follow directions then you complain that it didnt work
Older Go (2.9.1), check.
Older RC FW, (1.6), check.
Debug file and 1.9.6 on sd card, check.
Flash, check.
I followed the instructions the way I understand them.
I will admit I'm not good with this tech stuff.
Maybe I'm a dummy?
I have 1.10 on my AC.
I formatted the sd cards, put the debug file on it, and then put 1.9.6 on it. Both of those files were provided in this thread. Put the cards (one at a time) in the AC and turned it on to flash it. It didn't work for me. You were successful, what did I do wrong?
I asked how important it is to use GO 2.4.2.

Last edited:
Older Go (2.9.1), check.
Older RC FW, (1.6), check.
Debug file and 1.9.6 on sd card, check.
Flash, check.
I followed the instructions the way I understand them.
I will admit I'm not good with this tech stuff.
Maybe I'm a dummy?
I have 1.10 on my AC.
I formatted the sd cards, put the debug file on it, and then put 1.9.6 on it. Both of those files were provided in this thread. Put the cards (one at a time) in the AC and turned it on to flash it. It didn't work for me. You were successful, what did I do wrong?
I asked how important it is to use GO 2.4.2.

Did you unzip FW and debug file?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I downloaded to my computer the proper (P3P) debug file and FW 1.9.6 from page 2 of this thread. In the computer I unzipped both files, and put them both onto the same (formatted) sd card. Put the card into my AC and powered it up. Nothing happened. No beeping, no flashing camera light, nothing. Tried 3 different cards. Half a dozen attempts. Let it go for about 1/2 hour each time. Don't know what went wrong. Will try again with a different computer maybe?

i am going to assume its not working because your debug file still has the hidden .txt extension. i have removed the extension in the download link so it should work this way

Reactions: notsolowki
also the downgrade process takes 23 minutes. so if you were impatient and turned it off interrupting the update process you may have bricked you gimbal. one way to find out if your gimbal is bricked is to try to record a video. if you cannot then you are out of luck and have to buy a new camera

Just checked everything again.
Camera works as it should, recorded a short video, it's good.
I have GO 2.4.2, RC is 1.6, and the AC is 1.8.80+! So I was successful in downgrading, but went a little further than expected. I had 1.9.6 on the sd card with the debug. I want 1.9.6 so that is a straight upgrade I believe?
Will have to check.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164