Downgrading firmware on P3P from 1.10.9 to 1.7.6

Great effort Airbender, thanks for taking the time to put your money where you mouth is and trying it and getting back with the updates. I bet thats one big smile on your face:):):)

Reactions: beb and airbender
If someone ends up with "1.7.6+" (i had all modules updated to 1.7.6 and replaced new ESC/mainboard+motors, had 1.7.6+ after) just upgrade to latest FW, and go down one by one as explained. If you dont, you will get MC DATA ERROR at some point. Do not fly with 1.7.6+.

Mine says 1.7.6 or 1.7.6+ depending on which battery I have in...So far i flew with both without an issue...I guess we'll see...

Doesn't the + sign indicate that the upgrade has gone through on the AC and that it just needs o be connected to the app and DJI Servers . I read a post about it on here and when people upgraded they would get the + which would disapear after a few days and then the new firmware would be displayed. Dont know how that would effect the battery though.

Hm, it could be that complete downgrade process should be repeated for each battery with FW > 1.7.6

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Maybe that or maybe what Lurch953 said...Maybe when i get time I will try loading "PBATTERYFw3.bin" target m1100 only for each of the batteries and see if that does anything. If that doesn't i may try to load the whole FW_V01.07.0060.bin with the debug file with each battery...

Maybe that or maybe what Lurch953 said...Maybe when i get time I will try loading "PBATTERYFw3.bin" target m1100 only for each of the batteries and see if that does anything. If that doesn't i may try to load the whole FW_V01.07.0060.bin with the debug file with each battery...

I would try only 1.07 .bin for mismatched battery first and check update log.

Any thoughts on battery? Don't the batteries have firmware as well? I'm a total noob to DJI but not to flashing firmware on other stuff in the past. Just trying to do some homework. I just bought a used p3a and the range sucks. My friend I bought it from had just flashed 1.10 and he said it has great range, but I think hasn't flown with 1.10

I'm currently only getting maybe 1000 feet before video cuts out and shortly after it RTH

So I was thinking I'd go back to at least 1.9

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm currently only getting maybe 1000 feet before video cuts out and shortly after it RTH

So I was thinking I'd go back to at least 1.9

Downgrading your RC from 1.8 to 1.6 will solve that. Google how to do this or read in this forum, it has been covered more times already.

Downgrading your RC from 1.8 to 1.6 will solve that. Google how to do this or read in this forum, it has been covered more times already.
So I could theoretically not touch my AC? Is there no problem keeping 1.10 on the AC while downgrading RC to 1.6?

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here are debug files for people having trouble creating them on Windows computers. Just unzip content of the filename corresponding to your P3 model to SD card. Files are created on Linux system using "touch" so they are 0 size.

Attachments

• Phantom3Advanced.zip
    158 bytes · Views: 576
  • Phantom3Professional.zip
    158 bytes · Views: 799
I would try only 1.07 .bin for mismatched battery first and check update log.

Probably could have installed the whole bin file including the debug file with each battery but i chose to change the name of the extracted file mi03 to "PBATTERYFw3" and it worked...the "+" is gone.

[00011080]========== remo-con disconnect. boot(15) ============
[00011138]Firmware [C:\PBATTERYFw3.bin] detected, card sn [0x396710bd].
[00011198][11 00] Firmware upgrade start...
[00060395][11 00] Firmware upgrade finished successfully.
[00060460]Done.

Reactions: Lurch953
Probably could have installed the whole bin file including the debug file with each battery but i chose to change the name of the extracted file mi03 to "PBATTERYFw3" and it worked...the "+" is gone.

So you managed to downgrade just a battery firmware so it matches rest of the 1.7 FW package you downgraded to? That is great.

(last updated: 2017/2/4)

Assumptions:
  • One is performing this on a phantom 3 advanced or professional (no idea if the other phantoms are the same).
  • One has copies of the official firmware files
  • One has a copy of an earlier DJI Go version (2.4.2, I found a copy on apkbeast)

Do we specifically need 2.4.2? I found the APK so that's not a problem. Is that just used for flashing, or do I have to keep that version to fly with as well? It seems like it's a lot of revisions ago, and therefore a very old app in some respects.

I think 2.4.2 is mainly needed if you want to use some of the hacks mentioned in a different thread. You can push some settings to the AC on firmware 1.7 through the 2.4.2 app as I understand it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik