Downgrade Remote Success, How to get from 1.4.1 to 1.1.9?

Can you not downgrade one version and then use this method to go further?
Yes I can downgrade 1 with the quad. I had 1.5 on the quad and remote. I downgraded the quad back to 1.4. Problem lies on getting the remote to downgrade. I have 1.5.7 on the remote. What the Op did here was swap the 2 files. He didn't have the latest fw on his remote so it gave him the option to download new fw, where he swapped it and downgraded. So as of now, DJI Go thinks I have the latest remote fw so I won't get the download option till another version is out.

Yes I can downgrade 1 with the quad. I had 1.5 on the quad and remote. I downgraded the quad back to 1.4. Problem lies on getting the remote to downgrade. I have 1.5.7 on the remote. What the Op did here was swap the 2 files. He didn't have the latest fw on his remote so it gave him the option to download new fw, where he swapped it and downgraded. So as of now, DJI Go thinks I have the latest remote fw so I won't get the download option till another version is out.

ah.. got it now:) Is there any issue flying the quad if it and the RC are at different firmware versions?

to downgrade the radio from 1.5.7 you hold down c1 c2 and the right scroll wheel and record button while powering up

using this method you likely don't need the gs_ofdm.bin file...

Last edited:
to downgrade the radio from 1.5.7 you hold down c1 c2 and the right scroll wheel while powering up

using this method you likely don't need the gs_ofdm.bin file...
Whenever I have shared this technique I also included this photo to help people see what to press.
I hope you don't mind me showing it here again. Cheers!
Reset_P3_RC.jpg

Reactions: JoBe
likely wont work with the thumbdrive to downgrade. you will need to rename the firmware file on your device, like I did in the 1st post.

Reactions: Viejoperro
ok, since I dont have an example to go by, do you know which file the bin needs to be in on the device for the rc to find it?

I will work on this today. If I can get it to work, Ill write up a how to, and document it for others to follow.

I don't understand what you are asking. read my first post which explains how to downgrade the remote. you may not need the gs_ofdm.bin since you can do the force reinstall trick on the remote from the video above... so all you need to do is put it into force reinstall mode, then rename the 1.5.7 bin to old or whatever you want and then rename the firmware you want to what the 1.5.7 bin was called... on ios devices the firmware files are in fmdir you need a jailbroken or rooted device to modify system/app/hidden files

one other thing I should point out is that I was unable to go from 1.4.3 to 1.1.9, I had to go down to 1.3.2 then 1.1.9. I also couldn't go from 1.3.2 to 1.1.8, but I was able to flash 1.1.8 after I had 1.1.9 on the radio (this could likely be due to the way I did it, perhaps there is a way to go directly from 1.4.3 to 1.1.9 or whatever, but I couldn't in my case). The light was green and it seemed like it went through, but the DJI go app still said 1.1.9, likely because dji go will recognize anything below 1.1.9 as 1.1.9 anyway...

I don't understand what you are asking. read my first post which explains how to downgrade the remote. you may not need the gs_ofdm.bin since you can do the force reinstall trick on the remote from the video above... so all you need to do is put it into force reinstall mode, then rename the 1.5.7 bin to old or whatever you want and then rename the firmware you want to what the 1.5.7 bin was called... on ios devices the firmware files are in fmdir you need a jailbroken or rooted device to modify system/app/hidden files
Since I did a clean install of DJI Go and had 1.5.7 all ready on the remote, I didnt have the ability to have DJI Go to download a file from their servers and place it in the files of the device, to know where the file would be. You had the Go app download a bin file onto your device so you knew where to place the renamed file, I wasnt able to. 1.5.7 is not even on my device DJI GO didnt download it iinto their file structure.
(I will also be doing this with Android but file structure should be similar.)

the force remote reinstall trick should likely get the dji go app to download the firmware again...

The bootup did work to download 1.5 and placed it in the folder. I renamed it 1.5.7old, then I renamed 1.3 to 1.5 and placed it in the same folder. Got file error on my attempt. Then Go wanted to redownload and try again. I had to run out, but will continue later today.

like I said you will need to go 1 step at a time, download 1.4.3 from the link I posted on the 1st page of this thread. also do not touch the plist file if there is one in the folder, only the .bin file

if it doesn't work at that point, then you will likely need the gs_ofdm.bin which you can find with a google search

Sorry Your right, i will try to go 1 level at a time. The reason I jumped 1.4 was I remember hearing on the forum that there was no rc fw update included in 1.4. So my mind automatically thought I wouldn't need 1.4.

I am documenting everything I have success with and will put it together with a step by step how to including all the files.

i'm also not sure if there was a remote firmware between 1.5.7 and 1.4.3 but I don't think there was...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj