Don't moan my little drone

From my experiences, batteries don't fair as well as the aircraft. The electronics in the battery degrade much faster and continue do so when wet. The cells can be fine, but not the electronics. The acidic corrosion takes its toll.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hiya. I got it working again. Didn't need to put it in rice or anything, didn't even use a hair dryer. Just let it naturally dry. To be honest it was bone dry the min I got it back. It works but I keep getting low voltage on the battery but it flies as it should
That's great news. Have you checked the cell differentials in that battery using the GO4 app? If you have a bad cell you'll need to retire that battery.

Reactions: Neon Euc
That's great news. Have you checked the cell differentials in that battery using the GO4 app? If you have a bad cell you'll need to retire that battery.
Thats true. I did run it down to 4% so that might correct it. Havent had time to fly as two glider planes are flying low and I don't want to take their air space so I will try tomorrow

Before you fly compare the cell voltage differentials when discharged and when charged. That battery may not be charging correctly from the battery circuitry getting wet, or it got ruined by discharging too far.

Before you fly compare the cell voltage differentials when discharged and when charged. That battery may not be charging correctly from the battery circuitry getting wet, or it got ruined by discharging too far.
Thanks for the tip... I will have to look into that when I load it up again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT