don't call me no Scaredy Cat!

Reaction score
Well got home picked up my new PV2+ V3, read the manual twice, looked at the stupid link for vids @ DJI, charged everything up yesterday and last night. Read the manual twice and the really excellent help guide by Fantomas, and will reread both again tonight. Looked around and @ a couple of videos.

Wind is howling here so little timid to fly today, plus my grass is about knee high, so Imma gonna cut the grass today and study some more tonight and hope to fly tomorrow. Would appreciate some of you pilots to link me up with videos for a first timer. Like calibration, set up with the firmware, etc. Also any advice on what to install and what not too? Kinda confusing, particularly the battery one, as I see the lil' orange warning with my batteries calls for firmware 1.0.2.7 or above.

So help a fella out here and I'll report back after my first flight.

Thanks in advance for guidance!

So far you are doing everything right. Read, study, watch you tube video of the first flights and videos of unboxing making preflight checklist. Checking your IMU calibration, controler calibration and for sure the compass calibration. Then after you are confident take off and do short flights using at first only the right stick at about 25-30 ft high in an open area. Learn to go out forward. Backwards the left and right. Fly a couple of box configurations left and the right. Then using the right stick make it circle left and right. Get confident with control. Then when you feal real good you can start using both the left and right sticks. Remember to always start the quad pointing away from you so the sticks will control left and right. Again when comfortable start turning the quad to left then see how the right stick controls it then facing you and again tuen to right. Short flight at first and within a few days you will want to head out to the 1,625 ft mark. Line of sight at first. In a few weeks you will be ready for autonomous flights using waypoints. That's the pucker factor. First few times you cheeks get real tight when she goes out and you wait and wait to see her return. If your check list and all calibrations are good she alway comes home as long as you didn't do any thing wrong. Case in point I flew the other day autonomously down along the river then back. Wind came up pushing against plane all of a sudden on screen she says LANDING. Jumped in my car and could find her until I turned on the DJI app setting and went to Find my Phantom. I saw me and I saw on,the map where my quad was.. Drove right up to it whew... Pucker power to the 10 th power. Good luck and enjoy flying !

Reactions: captblast
so that link doesn't work. How do you imbed the actuall video guys and gals. My searching got mostly youtube help?

Last edited:
Hummingbird by Leon Russell has always been a favorite song..you even got a lightning spike or two great job you may have a future at this..

Thanks TyroneDrone, Hummingbird indeed was the tune but was our own B.B. King in that version as a tribute to one of our Delta greats. Been studying up on video settings etc, hope to get much, much better with the videos in the near future.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic