Don't buy DJI products - they aren't supported by DJI

Reaction score
I was foolish enough to purchase anew DJI Vision 2+ drone a couple of years ago and have just discovered that I wasted $1200. Why wasted you ask? Last year after only a little use I put the drone away with the battery removed as recommended. This year I get the drone out and surprise no video! Now this struck me as strange since the video was working when I put it away for the winter. I went on this forum and found posts saying that the bottom board (wifi board I think) needs to be re-flashed OR it is burned out because of poor cooling design. Being hopeful I contacted different repair sites - gave them the info on the video and what the forums said and asked if they could repair the drone. In each case they told me that the wifi board was in all likelihood "cooked" AND they could not get parts to repair it BECAUSE DJI will not make the parts available to them. One repair shop told me they used to purchase the video failed drones for parts but had to stop because they had about 10 in stock with more customers calling. Another shop told me there is no sense bringing it in as it needs a wifi board and the last time they ordered one it sat on back-order for a year and was never supplied by DJI. So if you have $1200 to waste on products that have poor engineering built in and a company that won't supply repair parts go for it - otherwise look for some other company that stands behind their products because DJI most certainly doesn't!

There is a guy on this forum that can try to flash it, look around you never know... I do a ground turn up on my p2+if it sits more than week or 2, i think this is what saved my unit from going bad. the NAND goes bad and needs reflashed.

The guy's name is Turner, he has reflashed several for me and they all worked. I highly recommend him. He will also do the Arctic Silver Thermal Paste mod for you, to keep it cool.

Last edited:
I was foolish enough to purchase anew DJI Vision 2+ drone a couple of years ago and have just discovered that I wasted $1200. Why wasted you ask? Last year after only a little use I put the drone away with the battery removed as recommended. This year I get the drone out and surprise no video! Now this struck me as strange since the video was working when I put it away for the winter. I went on this forum and found posts saying that the bottom board (wifi board I think) needs to be re-flashed OR it is burned out because of poor cooling design. Being hopeful I contacted different repair sites - gave them the info on the video and what the forums said and asked if they could repair the drone. In each case they told me that the wifi board was in all likelihood "cooked" AND they could not get parts to repair it BECAUSE DJI will not make the parts available to them. One repair shop told me they used to purchase the video failed drones for parts but had to stop because they had about 10 in stock with more customers calling. Another shop told me there is no sense bringing it in as it needs a wifi board and the last time they ordered one it sat on back-order for a year and was never supplied by DJI. So if you have $1200 to waste on products that have poor engineering built in and a company that won't supply repair parts go for it - otherwise look for some other company that stands behind their products because DJI most certainly doesn't!

Tony’s details in description

A couple of years ago you purchased it? You will have had it for four years in 3 months... that’s a pretty good run for this sort of product anthough I can understand your frustration if you haven’t managed to get much use out of it. Hobby drones from competitors probably wouldn’t last longer although they might have parts available. I would take the advice to get a new module from eBay and whack it in. Won’t cost much.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik