Don't be shy, post here your own crash..

I feel silly.. anyway this happened to me.
Have anyone similar footage to share..?

I don't think I still have the video, but on about my 30th flight (with my first drone, a Mavic) I forgot to switch back to P mode before landing in a confined area, approached some bushes and was disoriented. Left stick instead of right stick. Hit the bushes at about 30 cm above the snow. No damage other than a chipped prop. It's hanging on my wall now as a reminder.

- Bad T/O and landing spot (too confined)
- Not switching back to P mode for the confined area landing - so the drone moved too fast for me to correct ...
- Lateral control the wrong way.

As usual, it's not one thing but a combo of things.

Over a 100 flights since then with no incidents.

But, on the first "real" flight of the P4P it was a bit gusty. When I started the motors a gust of wind hit at the same time and it almost toppled over. (The Mavic would never do that, way too "squat" - the Phantoms are a bit "top heavy" on the ground when there are gusts. The rubber feet actually make it worse by not letting the drone slide).

I feel silly.. anyway this happened to me.
Have anyone similar footage to share..?

did some work for the local boys and girls club, got stuck in a tree, I climbed up to get it, lots of pine pitch and a cracked prop

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    933.6 KB · Views: 252
Hello all - my first post in this forum and it's a crash LOL. I thought all the props were on securely but....

Took me some ingenuity to find this in nearly chest high beans. Finally eyeballed where it was in the Map App and loaded approximate values in GPS. Got within 15 feet!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Passo Morgone
Took me some ingenuity to find this in nearly chest high beans. Finally eyeballed where it was in the Map App and loaded approximate values in GPS. Got within 15 feet!!

Looks like my crash. I especially appreciate sunset lighting and led red light at the end of footage in the deepest of beans forest

Last edited:
Reactions: jryser
Looks like my crash. I especially appreciate sunset lighting and led red light at the end of footage in the deepest of beans forest

I thought the same thing as to our flights' similarities!! When I watched yours at first I thought you were in beans also. Mine cleaned right up with a washcloth and is still my go to bird! I have two identical ones just for this reason! [emoji1360]

Last edited:
Llike a thriller movie, i was impressed. And tried by myself to put down right stick in the final scene..

Yes right stick is the correct answer. AC was in ATTI mode and stuck in that cul-de-sac for 2 minutes. AC was not in LOS and responding my commands intermittently.

Last edited:
Yes right stick is the correct answer. AC was in ATTI mode and stuck in that cul-de-sac for 2 minutes. AC was not in LOS and responding my commands intermittently.

did you switch in atti mode accidentally?
Did you found it after crash?

I thought the same thing as to our flights' similarities!! When I watched yours at first I thought you were in beans also. Mind cleaned right up with a washcloth and is still my go to bird! I have two identical ones just for this reason! [emoji1360]

Mine was all wet and covered by dew like just out of the shower. And some pieces of grass. I sure missed a washcloth..

Reactions: jryser
did you switch in atti mode accidentally?
Did you found it after crash?

At the end of the flight Mavic had 3 sattelites only. With 3 satellites the drone went into ATTI mode and started to drift. I fought for 3 minutes to bring her back but no luck (not in VLOS, no GPS, no orientation info). I had some climbing gear with me and climbed up to half of that rock wall and found the drone and separated gimbal/camera assembly. But, that's another story in itself! After crush I have tested the drone and it was still flying and and landing normally despite falling from 40 meters. I was really impressed by the toughness of that little drone! Now it is being repaired by DJI for 296 euro.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94