Dominican Republic drone laws

I tried to find some info but couldn't confirm anything. Has anyone travelled with a Dji drone for recreational use in Dominican Republic? What's their regulation sets..any issues at customs?
I've been to Mexico with no problems at all.

Thanks

Hi, we have regulations, but you can fly as a recreational. Not problem here in Santo Domingo..

can anybody email this to me? i am going in a few weeks. It would be very helpful!
[email protected]
Thanks

jake34,

I just came back from Punta Cana, DR. I was extremely worried that I did not have a permit, needless to say I took a chance and flew there with my drone in the back pack. No one ever mentioned a word about my drone, not in customs entering the country or the whole time while we were there, and leaving the country. We were there for 2 weeks and I flew everywhere, got amazing footage. My recommendation is to fly observing the FAA rules and you'll be fine, no one will bother you.

Last edited:
Hey guys was reading the forum and just a little worried about taking my Mavic pro with me to Punta Cana for my wedding and don’t wanna get one of those permits , has anyone ever had there’s confiscated by customs ? Should
I be worried thanks

Hey guys was reading the forum and just a little worried about taking my Mavic pro with me to Punta Cana for my wedding and don’t wanna get one of those permits , has anyone ever had there’s confiscated by customs ? Should
I be worried thanks

We just came back from Punta Cana, we were staying at the RIU. Brought the Mavic with no problems entering and leaving the country. Not a single word from the authorities at Customs.
Brought back amazing footage.

Pack your drone and have fun, fly safe, fly nice, do not piss anybody off.

Last edited:
We just came back from Punta Cana, we were staying at the RIU. Brought the Mavic with no problems entering and leaving the country. Not a single word from the authorities at Custms.
Brought back amazing footage.

Pack your drone and have fun, fly safe, fly nice, do not piss anybody off.

Perfect thanks man for the info I’m really looking forward to bringing it there to get some unreal
Footage

Reactions: skyhighdiver
Perfect thanks man for the info I’m really looking forward to bringing it there to get some unreal
Footage

This should motivate you to bring the Mavic...

Will do soon. Thanks to a fellow drone pilot, I have the english version also (thanks Nick DeG!). Again, if one has a regular Phantom 3/4/4P drone (under 2 kilos), is no need to apply for permission, the document is jus for peace of mind.

Hi Dan, could you please send me a copy of the English version? Would be much appreciated. Cheers, Steven - [email protected]

As I am going in March 2017 in DR, I contacted IDAC for permission. They gave me a 16 page document to fill in (is in spanish, of course), however, it states there that for drone under 2 kilos we don't need permission. Just keep the normal rules. So, a Phantom 3/4/4P is ok.
Dan could you send me a copy of that document

Hi everyone im flying to Dominican Republic on Saturday the 10 anyone have a copy of that document that they can send me here is my email [email protected]
Ok the final answer is if your drone is 4.4lbs or under you just follow the rules no registration is needed I have filmed there and have the actual resolutuion from IDAC .here is a translated version of the most needed parts special notice to Article 8. I skipped the first two article as they were definitions and reference materials. If you still need the form to send in contact me I will translate that only if over 4.4. posting this so others may find when doing google search

Attachments

• RESOLUTION final.pdf
    199.7 KB · Views: 222
Dan or anyone
Can you please email this to me . I’m willing to help anyone who needs it to be translated.
[email protected] thank you

ARTICLE 8.- PILOTED AIRCRAFT DISTANCE (RPAs) OR DRONES OF WEIGHT LESS THAN 4.4 POUNDS. Any person and / or entity wishing to carry out operations with RPAS or Drones weighing less than 4.4 pounds, will not require the prior obtaining of an authorization from the IDAC Operations Department, but must comply with the following:

a. The RPA or Drone will be made of flexible materials, which on impact with any object tend to break, distort or bend representing minimal danger to any person or object with which collides;

b. The RPA or Drone should only be manually operated and allow direct visual contact (VLOS) and will not exceed 1500 feet (455 meters) away from the operator;

c. All RPA or Drone operations must be carried out under visual meteorological conditions (VMC) and, permanently under the operator's eyesight and control (VLOS);

d. The RPA or Drone operator must, prior to starting a flight, make sure that the aircraft and its control system are in safe conditions to operate;

Just got back from the DR. No problems at all. Customs on the way out of the DR opened the case but that was all. However the resort had a few issues with the Drone. I guess they had a drone pilot a few months ago abuse the privilege to fly and became somewhat offensive to people. To bad the 1% can ruin it for the 99%.

Reactions: macoman
Just got back from the DR. No problems at all. Customs on the way out of the DR opened the case but that was all. However the resort had a few issues with the Drone. I guess they had a drone pilot a few months ago abuse the privilege to fly and became somewhat offensive to people. To bad the 1% can ruin it for the 99%.
You are absolutely right. It only takes one idiot to ruin the party for all of us.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1