Dominican Republic drone laws

Under Article 3 of the english version, part b, it states

"( b) every person or entity that perform operations air or recreational activities with aircraft unmanned below 4.4 pounds (2 kilograms)."

To me that would seem like anyone flying a quadcopter would need to file for an application including the phantom 3/4/4p. I have a mavic, and looking to travel get some cool kiteboading shots.

Am I interpreting something incorrectly?

Dan

Dan,

Look at Article 8 English version. That should clear it up for you. Artticle 3 just says we have to comply with the rules as it outlines all aircraft.
Nick

Dan thank you. My family goes there every Feb and these docs come in very handy now that I'll be bringing my drone

The link to the dropbox wasn't working for me, could someone also send me a copy of the drone application? [email protected]
I am going in April and am bringing my Mavic!! So excited :)

Thanks!!

Arrived yesterday with my Mavic in the DR.
It is the second time in the last two months that I bring it along.
No one cared through customes but make sure to fly by US regulations and specially no flying near airports, armed forces installations nor crowds or busy highways. Have my FAA licence with me just in case.
Having flown paragliders many times all over the DR be prepared to be questioned by police or armed forces personell depending where you fly. They are usually nice just interested in what you are doing, like folks in general down here.
Hope you enjoy the DR as much as I do

Reactions: rheap06
Thanks for the info! If you could send a copy (English and Spanish) my way it would be appreciated! Headed there next month for my first international commercial shoot! So psyched! Thanks! [email protected] Thanks again!

Dropbox - Dominican Drone application
Files for Dominican Republic application can be downloaded from here, please just leave a small comment when you do so, just to see if people are actually interested and if I should look into more "exotic" countries ...

This is very helpful, thank you so much! I send an e-mail to the IDAC where I asked them about drone regulations for drones under 2 kilo (my drone is only about 0,5 kilo), they send me the permit application in Spanish anyway but now I will just print the file and take it with me in case there are any questions on the airport.

I just got back from punta Cana and not one person asked for the permit. Brought the drone on as carry on no issue. The only real issue I had was leaving punta Cana where they actually looked at my carry on. But took a few mins and they didn't care. I would still get the permit just in case but I can tell you I was flying everyday at the hotel with zero issue. I stayed at Iberostar punta Cana

can anyone help me fill out the form at all finding it really hard to fill out in the Spanish, trying to fill it out for my dji mavic pro

thanks

Finally got the permit approved! Yay!...well not quite...

Spent ages translating the document, filled it all in perfectly according to a contact at IDAC, submitted it and waited 2 weeks, got it back today but despite me clearly writing 3 times that I needed the permit from the 9th to the 23rd of June, it seems when someone typed it all up they typed in that I needed it from the 23rd to the 23rd?!? So now I have a permit valid for one day, and its the day I fly back...Brilliant...
1f644.png
1f926_200d_2640.png

Reactions: lawson017
Finally got the permit approved! Yay!...well not quite...

Spent ages translating the document, filled it all in perfectly according to a contact at IDAC, submitted it and waited 2 weeks, got it back today but despite me clearly writing 3 times that I needed the permit from the 9th to the 23rd of June, it seems when someone typed it all up they typed in that I needed it from the 23rd to the 23rd?!? So now I have a permit valid for one day, and its the day I fly back...Brilliant...
1f644.png
1f926_200d_2640.png

@DanMumford could you please help me fill out the form? Finding it so hard to translate to English!

can anyone help me fill out the form at all finding it really hard to fill out in the Spanish, trying to fill it out for my dji mavic pro

thanks

I will help you,

Hi everybody,
can please someone send me also the English version .I am going to DR in July and will take my Mavic as well.
Thanks a lot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers