Dominican Republic drone laws

Reaction score
I tried to find some info but couldn't confirm anything. Has anyone travelled with a Dji drone for recreational use in Dominican Republic? What's their regulation sets..any issues at customs?
I've been to Mexico with no problems at all.

Thanks

I tried to find some info but couldn't confirm anything. Has anyone travelled with a Dji drone for recreational use in Dominican Republic? What's their regulation sets..any issues at customs?
I've been to Mexico with no problems at all.

Thanks
Hi, I've been living in Rep. Dom. for the last few years. Drones are still unregulated there, but if you follow guidelines set forth in the US you should have no problems. Also, you should have no problems going thru customs, as long as your drone isn't new in box. There are significant import tariffs on merchandise they deem as new or imported for sale. If your Spanish is good you should ease right thru. Have a blast, plenty of beautiful country there!
Jaime

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

As I am going in March 2017 in DR, I contacted IDAC for permission. They gave me a 16 page document to fill in (is in spanish, of course), however, it states there that for drone under 2 kilos we don't need permission. Just keep the normal rules. So, a Phantom 3/4/4P is ok.

As I am going in March 2017 in DR, I contacted IDAC for permission. They gave me a 16 page document to fill in (is in spanish, of course), however, it states there that for drone under 2 kilos we don't need permission. Just keep the normal rules. So, a Phantom 3/4/4P is ok.

Is there away you can send that to me. And what ur saying is anything under 2kg you don't need to permit. Let me know if you can email me the forms cause I am going in April.

Dan,

I sent you a PM. could you send those regs to me as I plan to vacation in the DR in March of 17. Much appreciated.

Hi. Sent now, is in Spanish. Keep in mind though, it says there that if a drone is under 2 kils, is no need for permission. I am going myself between 4th - 16th of march, I'll just print that in case i am being asked. Happy flying!

Hi. Sent now, is in Spanish. Keep in mind though, it says there that if a drone is under 2 kils, is no need for permission. I am going myself between 4th - 16th of march, I'll just print that in case i am being asked. Happy flying!

Hi Dan -- Could you send me that doc you have as well? My email is [removed].

Much appreciated and enjoy your trip!

Last edited:
Will do soon. Thanks to a fellow drone pilot, I have the english version also (thanks Nick DeG!). Again, if one has a regular Phantom 3/4/4P drone (under 2 kilos), is no need to apply for permission, the document is jus for peace of mind.

Will do soon. Thanks to a fellow drone pilot, I have the english version also (thanks Nick DeG!). Again, if one has a regular Phantom 3/4/4P drone (under 2 kilos), is no need to apply for permission, the document is jus for peace of mind.

Is there away you can send that to me. Spanish version is fine as it may be easier to get thru customs, although I would think they read and speak English. [email protected]

Thanks in advance

Thanks so much, Dan! These are great. Happy flying!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl