Does the android app not have youtube live streaming feature?

Reaction score
I have been trying to find any thing in the p3 app for android for this you tube live streaming. But I cant seem to find it at all. So i was wondering if any one else is able to do it on there android. Or Is it some thing thats done from outside the p3 app? Or is just not aval for android ?

Thanks in advanced

iOS has it or you can use twitch on a shield tablet....

twitch on a shield tablet" hummmm does twitch only work on a shield?

A quick google search pretty much confirms that yes, only on Shield tabs for the moment.

It's interesting. I set up an account last night and did some testing. I'm trying to figure out how to get Twitch to save the video (as I doubt anyone would view it live). There is a huge delay, which I suspect is typical and probably happens on YouTube as well. The delay is about 7 seconds.

There is also a difference in Twitch streaming with the Shield. On the Shield and Twitch its a screen shot, not a view from the P3.

A quick google search pretty much confirms that yes, only on Shield tabs for the moment.

OK thanks I guess I can live without it tho I did have some thing coming up on the weekend of June 10th that It would of been cool to have the live stream for.

But some one that was going to be helping me out with providing a hot spot to link up to to be able to stream with being we are going to be out in the sicks actually has an apple pad of some kind. So maybe I can just use it and run the app on that and fly with his ipad.

Is the live feature going to come to Android? Still debating to go with Ipad or samsung tab S. Sounds like there might be updated TAB S coming out soon with the new 64 bit Processors

Is the live feature going to come to Android? Still debating to go with Ipad or samsung tab S. Sounds like there might be updated TAB S coming out soon with the new 64 bit Processors
Yes, it's coming. Rumors stating in the next firmware update.

ahhhh crap... more things that will go wrong, they still have not sorted out a host of other issues... fix one thing break another....

DJI is doing more harm than good for their brand by rushing the P3 to market... I suspect to beat 3DR

DJI is doing more harm than good for their brand by rushing the P3 to market... I suspect to beat 3DR

... and if people knew that DJI held back all P3's just because the Android version did not contain streaming then people would complain about that. Why would it be better to hold back everything for one small think in the app?

From what I've seen, streaming is not really all that useful. Most people won't stream much as it will chew up their limited data. Also, how many people are going to watch a live stream? To me it's something many people will try once or twice and then not again. So it's better to release the P3 and allow us to use 99.999% of it rather then hold it back for streaming.

Reactions: bbfpv
There are dozens of P3s with connection issues on both iOS and Android. The P3s were shipped without the Pilot Apps even working... both Android and iOS had to wait for firmware upgrades.

I agree with you regards live streaming. I will never use it unless I am filming a wedding which is being broadcast to YouTube or a special LIVE event. Even then, I also don't think live streaming will be reliable enough to guarantee as a business offering.

If you watch all the unboxings, you will also note how many gimbal supports fell off when the P3s were removed from the box. Personally I suspect many of us will have a gimbal issue later because of the poor packaging.

I contacted a company who works with DJI regards software development using the SDK. As I suspected, it is still not complete. So some programming is still not possible.

DJI have over delivered on many aspects... but they have over stated on others... The fact is many people with recommended devices are struggling to get it to fly as intended...

So to suggest it was rushed to market is not reaching to far in the conspiracy realm :)

Last edited:
There are dozens of P3s with connection issues on both iOS and Android. The P3s were shipped without the Pilot Apps even working... both Android and iOS had to wait for firmware upgrades.

I agree with you regards live streaming. I will never use it unless I am filming a wedding which is being broadcast to YouTube or a special LIVE event. Even then, I also don't think live streaming will be reliable enough to guarantee as a business offering.

If you watch all the unboxings, you will also note how many gimbal supports fell off when the P3s were removed from the box. Personally I suspect many of us will have a gimbal issue later because of the poor packaging.

I contacted a company who works with DJI regards software development using the SDK. As I suspected, it is still not complete. So some programming is still not possible.

DJI have over delivered on many aspects... but they have over stated on others... The fact is many people with recommended devices are struggling to get it to fly as intended...

So to suggest it was rushed to market is not reaching to far in the conspiracy realm :)
It was certainly rushed to market, no doubt about that. But the failure rate is almost 0, which is impressive. Here is how you can solve your dilemma... pack up your P3 and leave it in your closet until YouTube streaming is available. If you don't then you'd agree it's better that they release it early.

AY i can agree that I'm glad they decided to release it now instead of waiting intill all the smaller details like streaming and what not were all fully done and ready.

My self even tho it might be cool to have it for them very rare times when a live stream might be cool its not really that big of a deal that it dont have it yet. esp being I dont see many people watching any live stream right as its streaming live and most would if any thing end up tuning in late and just would be watching a replay of the live event. So they can just wait till its up loaded after.

I even had one event coming up in a few weeks that I was going to try and do some live streams from if I could use some one else ipad that is going to be there with me. BUT now that I think about It some more I'm not even going to bother and also by just letting the people who's event it is know that I will not be able to do any live streaming I dont have to even worry now about what to shoot or be in the air at any specific time during the event and can focus on just shooting some of the high lights. and I can also edit out any thing that might not be good to live stream any way. like for instance at the same event last year. I happened to fly over one of the neighboring property's near the event and over some guys pot field as well as some naked people. LOL woops. and the guy who owned the land came running out of his house thinking it might of been cops and he ran over to the event and found the people that were putting it on to try and warn them that the cops might be trying to spy on it and were over his field. Tho he was relived when they told him oh no thats one of our people. but the guy wanted to make sure none of the fly over got posted to the internet. and asked if I could delete any footage that might of shown his stash. Tho it was an easy request being I was not recording right at that moment any way.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic